Georges River Flood- Anyone Up For A Fish

FishingGuy

Hey Raiders,

Found this video of the Georges river at Liverpool at the moment and thought some of you might be interested. What do you reckon might be swimming in there now?? But seriously guys Stay Safe and Stay away from the water, it's just way to dangerous!!

Cheers,

FishingGuy

https://www.facebook.com/JayTee91/videos/10152876598470017/

Edited by FishingGuy

I live in Holsworthy, not far from Liverpool. There is a tiny little polluted creek that surrounds the train station, its usually got a maximum depth of about 1m, less if there is a few trolleys in it... its managed to rise about 7m during these rains, its completely flooded all access to the railway station (anyone see the photos of bexley train line??)... Harris Creek feeds the georges too, so even after the rains, its going to keep rising slightly as the tributaries run off.

I live in Holsworthy, not far from Liverpool. There is a tiny little polluted creek that surrounds the train station, its usually got a maximum depth of about 1m, less if there is a few trolleys in it... its managed to rise about 7m during these rains, its completely flooded all access to the railway station (anyone see the photos of bexley train line??)... Harris Creek feeds the georges too, so even after the rains, its going to keep rising slightly as the tributaries run off.

I think it's dropped a bit now pedestrians can get through. I live in holsworthy too, I just went for a ride with the kids. What sort of fishing do you do?

7482a12305f8ab1d54f79b62997b388b.jpg

c6758f4587b09ce896711fd7f3e0859c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah its eased up a fair bit now, some of the images from before had the handrails on the bridge underwater - worst ive seen it in my 15+ years here.

Gave me an excuse to leave work early at any rate ;)

I do any fishing that I can, i'm landbased with the ocassional hire of a tinny from como for some fun.

Pretty new to it, but I'm desperately trying to pick up light plastics (without much success!)

We haven't really had any good floods since 86 and 88 here. I remember all the swamped cars near Milperra bridge, a pantech truck that you couldn't see the cab just the back.

Millperra road was closed for a couple of days. 1988 we took like 4 hours to get to work. There was no M5 then.

The picture in this article showing flood heights on a house shows up quite a bit.

http://floods.org.au/wp-content/uploads/Have-We-Forgotten-About-Flooding-on-the-Georges-River.pdf

I remember doing our school cross country at Moorebank sports. It wasn't flooding but we had quite a bit of rain. We pretty much had to swim across across Harris creek. We had a ball. That would never happen now.

Edited by welst