I bought a boat

Paikea

Good news, I sold my 5.6M Tournament and bought a 490C Cuddy Bar Crusher. Missed out on the Twinfisher that I wanted to buy but very impressed with the little Bar Crusher.

Went for a test run on Botany Bay today, handled well and plenty of grunt from the 60HP 4 stroke Suzuki. (55 KMH) Should be very economical.

The trailer is a dream to drive on and off, a huge difference from the Tournament which I never managed to master.

I have opted for a range of options including a "Stress Free" anchor winch and a Sarca anchor. Should save my back in future. (and Steve's)

Ended up almost the same cost as what I got for the Tournament so I am very happy with the changeover. The Tournament went to a guy in Victoria. I drove the rig down to Bateman's Bay to save him some hours travelling. Happy smiles all round.

Have to wait until August for delivery, looking forward to being able to handle this one on my own. May even be able get out in the Port and pull up alongside Yowie during a weekday.

Attached some pics.

Congrats mate, well done! Nice of you to drive to Batesmans bay too with the Tourny!

You buying this new?

Hi Dave

Yes, buying a new one. They have only just been released so no real option.

This way I get to fit the boat out with all that I want and I have new warranty. As I intend this to be my last boat I will know the full history and can take care of it. Quite a change from buying a used boat and then find out that the previous owner dummied up some problems.

What I like about it is that it has obviously been designed by people who fish. All very well laid out and strong fixtures. Can't wait for August to run up to the Fads or down to the Hump or the Wreck.

BTW; I kept the name of the boat. Too old to learn to spell a new name. (Papa, Alpha, India, Kilo, Echo, Alpha)

Cheers

Paikea

Very nice mate. Cheesed off I couldn't get out if work to come and test drive it with you.

Don't worry Steve, you will be driving it. But no hooning as though it is one of your superbike creations.

Cheers mate

Paikea