Botany Bay 30.04.15

350chev

Hi guys

With work called off due to the rain what else could i do today. Called the old man and by 7am we were on the water.

Baits used salted pillies, prawns and parmy chicken strips. Rain and more rain fell as the southerly started to pick up a little momentum.

Not enough to deter us though.

We fished the run out till noon for a score of 3 bream, 8 trevally, 1 sanpper and a lonely occy.

Not a bad few hours for a nice feed.

Better then work any day.

Cheers

Daniel

Nice haul there Daniel. How did the chicken and parmy go I have some marinating in the fridge I've never used it but have read some good reports about it.

Thanks mate.

I love using chicken and parmy i even throw in a little garlic sometimes smells real good lol.

I find it works really well after some rain when the water is a little murky.

I sometimes also use a little cotton string to wrap around the chicken once on the hook just helps keep it there.

I've done really well with it around boat moorings real lite gear hardley any weight. The big bream go made over it.

Good luck mate. Let us know how you go with it.

Nice haul there Daniel. How did the chicken and parmy go I have some marinating in the fridge I've never used it but have read some good reports about it.

That's a nice mixed bag mate. Well done.

In dirty water, chicken gut used to be the way to go. Disgusting.

Chicken marinated in garlic served with Parmesan, so much more civilised.

You could catch a Masterchef judge.

The garlic/parmesan gets on everything though, rod handle, fishing gear, clothing. I have a rain jacket that still smells of it from a year ago. I rate it slightly under mullet in terms of pervasive bait stink.

But hey, I guess that is why the work

That's a nice mixed bag mate. Well done.

In dirty water, chicken gut used to be the way to go. Disgusting.

Chicken marinated in garlic served with Parmesan, so much more civilised.

You could catch a Masterchef judge.[/qu ote]

Thanks mate.

I once caught a 4.5kg kingy land based balmain on chicken gut really stinky bait.

As for the chicken parmy im tempted to bring a pan next time and cook some up lol.

The garlic/parmesan gets on everything though, rod handle, fishing gear, clothing. I have a rain jacket that still smells of it from a year ago. I rate it slightly under mullet in terms of pervasive bait stink.

But hey, I guess that is why the work

Thanks sgtbundy.

Being Italian the smell of garlic and parmasen doesn't bother me hehe.

Hi guys

With work called off due to the rain what else could i do today. Called the old man and by 7am we were on the water.

Baits used salted pillies, prawns and parmy chicken strips. Rain and more rain fell as the southerly started to pick up a little momentum.

Not enough to deter us though.

We fished the run out till noon for a score of 3 bream, 8 trevally, 1 sanpper and a lonely occy.

Not a bad few hours for a nice feed.

Better then work any day.

Cheers

Daniel

Was also out on the water in Botany on Thursday. It was coming down pretty bad but well worth it. Where abouts were you fishing??

Was also out on the water in Botany on Thursday. It was coming down pretty bad but well worth it. Where abouts were you fishing??

Hi Mate.

Did come down heavy a few times.

Did you have much luck?

We where fishing near Towra.

Ch

Nice little session Dan, well done. I don't get to the saltwater very often but am intrigued by "parmy chicken". How is it prepared and do you keep it frozen till needed? Cheers, Neil.

Thanks Neil.

I normally buy whole chicken breast and cut thin strips big enough to cover a size 1 to 1/0 bait holder hook.

Then coat generously with grated parmesan. I even add a little garlic powder for extra kick hehe.

I try not to freeze as i find when thowed they tend to get mushy.

I'll prepare the night before and store in the fridge.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Dani4

Dan do you put it on the hook as you would a worm/prawn or similar to a mullet strip

I normally just weave it on like a strip of mullet. Pull first one through completely so the bait sits above the eye of the hook, helps keep it not balling up, then just continue to weave on till hook is covered.

I keep some cotton string handy to wrap around bait if it gets on the soft side.

Cheers

+1 for thigh fillet, switched over from breast a couple weeks back and sometimes i can pick up 3-4 fish on the same piece of chicken! I cut them into cubes though, has been working better than strips recently! 1cm^3 sits perfect on a size 1-2 hook and the point is still prominent.