Shoal Bay 27/4

Soulman

***1st Report photos now added

Hi all, just got back from a quick family holiday to Shoal Bay and it was nice to take my wife and little daughter to a place I can never get enough of...

Had some time to wet the line so for comfort and ease I hit the Shoal Bay Wharf... First session on Monday went for an hour and a half and was a lot of fun and action... Using 6 pound Penn Mono, 10pound Vanish fluorocarbon leader I managed 2 Bream both 30cm, flatty 38cm, 2 Trev 29 and 30cm, a Banjo Shark just over a metre and a couple of 30ish tailor... Was stoked... Took the flatty and bream home for a feed and gave trevs to some other fisho's and others went back...

Next day weather was good in the morning so did some family time with wife and daughter and the weather was rather atrocious in the arvo but the beauty of Tomaree doesn't let you down.

Next day, went early to wharf again and met up with same holidaymaker fisho's from first session. Ended up with another 2 bream 29cm 31cm (gave them to one of the fisho's named Brian and a nice flatty 53cm (filleted and crumbed)and got smoked by (maybe a Jew) something that was peeling line off the spool...

post-32941-0-36811000-1430805410_thumb.jpg

post-32941-0-98974100-1430805413_thumb.jpg

post-32941-0-28721200-1430805417_thumb.jpg

post-32941-0-11376400-1430805602_thumb.jpg

Do yourself a favour and get up to Shoal Bay Port Stephens, plenty of land based spots and the wharf provided some varied, quality, tasty species...

Edited by Soulman

Soulman,

Many thanks, will give it a whirl

Was also thinking about leaping on a charter.

Conscious of forum rules, so if anyone has any local knowledge/recommnedations, pls PM me

Cheers

No probs mate. In terms of recommendations, this siteis PM's only. But in terms of knowledge, you should check out Scratchie's Sticky Post on Port Stephens in the Fishing Chat forum. It is awesome and Scratchie is best equipped to help out on the area.

cheers

Soulman

Soulman,

Many thanks, will give it a whirl

Was also thinking about leaping on a charter.

Conscious of forum rules, so if anyone has any local knowledge/recommnedations, pls PM me

Cheers

Here is a link that may help you out......

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=75391&page=3#entry551239

It terms of charters, I haven't personally used them as I have no use for them. However, I will send you a pm!

The weather this weekend ain't looking great for a charter.

Best bet would be to go to corlette mid tide and pump some nippers and fish the weed edges of that area. Some good bream, flatty and whiting there.

Hope that helps.

Cheers scratchie!!!

• 2 weeks later...