Weekend carp + new pb

G'day raiders

Friday night went to Jordan's house again for the intention to hit the hacking but with the pouring rain when we woke up, decided to sleep in a bit longer and fish the lakes for carp

Saturday - I lost a countless amount of fish, I don't know what's wrong with me but anyway I caught my first carp on fly!

post-33634-14306379749159_thumb.jpg

Jordan landed 2 fish, one small and one around 50, then another one of our mates lands a awesome 83cm one!

Sunday - hit the lakes again until 12 when I had to go, I started off crap, lost 5 good carp, went in for one but it was only knee deep so it wasn't an issue, I was losing fish after fish all good ones

We then changed spots... And my luck completely changed!!

Went to the spot where our mate Luke caught his big one, this was a shallow lake and u would stalk the carp eating and chuck bread at them, I hooked up to a monster and on 1-2kg rod and 1000 Stradic c14+ I knew my chances weren't the best with all the weed around but I landed the beast!!!! A new PB

post-33634-14306382993447_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14306383238705_thumb.jpg

Then believe it or not, see another one and very next cast pull this one just a tad smaller

post-33634-1430638373608_thumb.jpg

Absolutely stoked and definitely made up for my crappy start

Jordan then pulled the hooks on one, we moved again and I got a small one, then landed one around 60cm

post-33634-14306384575743_thumb.jpg

What a day!

Can't wait for next sesh

Cheers Gianni

Of course they haven't "dispatched" them they young, mate!! ;)

There is no point killing a fish species already super established, waste of time, effort, inefficient, and ultimately it makes you feel like a cruel retarded piece of oooo!

I've been in that game long enough to see how it rolls, if you take a second to read the following words it could make sense

>First a species gets introduced, for a few years, you hear about reports of few "new" fishes being caught here and there, people don't really care.

>Fairly quickly, the species populations explode, reasons for that is that they are new species with no real equivalent locally, therefore their usual favourite food is abundant, they keep exploding and eventually start to impact on native / endemic species (true fact they do).

>People freak out, we need to kill, let's oooooo kill em all, unleash a bit of the barbarian caveman anchored inside each of us.

>Let's get the scientists involved, they'll kill it all, too bad the chemicals they use are as noxious for endemic than targets ... While introducing viruses to feral species, it is fair to question the possibility for the "virus" to travel back to countries where that species is native, quite questionable ethically?

>Things don't work, killing doesn't work, leaving dead fish on the bank might ultimately stimulate the feral populations of foxes, rats and so on, funny huh?

It will also disturb other endemic species, like birds or any native scavenger. Is a magpie made to feed on mountains of dead carp ? doubt so.

>oooo, these fishes will destroy all our beautiful native fishes, scientist give them 5 years!

>5 years are going, nothing destroyed, some populations at stress, on the decline, but still, nothing destroyed.

>10 years, same oooo, people start to not give a oooo

>15 years, populations of invasive aggressive introduced species are funnily settling down, so do natives.

>20 years,invasive populations are decreasing, again and again and again and come to a steady number, "sustainable, they proliferated way beyond what their new environment could produce, some mega viruses have cleared the weakest, they're number get steady. The other native species are more resilient than what everyone expected, they have been shaken, but took their "rights" back, and are now steady too.

I'm obviously from Europe, and I've seen the same bullshit going on and on and on for years, decades, it is documented.

You want to go further, I come from a country of fish killers, heritage from wars, people need to kill in order to survive, eat, a good old picture of 20 x 5+ kg pikes leaning dead on the turf was impressive, 20 years ago it still was.

For the reasons listed above, pictures of zander (invasive) massacres, carps (invasive) massacres, chinese catfish (invasive) genocides, Largemouth bass > introduced to kill catfish lol lol lol massacres, Giant catfishes hung to trees with slit throat (yeah we had to kill them they could potentially eat dogs and babies, swimmer babies, which are rare but can exist) ..... .... .....>>>>> MASSIVE L O L

Yeah all that crap I've seen, with fish stocks consistently going down ... oooo scientists could be a little bit right at least??

Well for all these reasons, a generation of no kill fishermen has emerged, and quickly took over the rest, I don't know a single kid aged under 18 that kills fish in my country.

Fishermen numbers are stronger than they have ever been (true stats not speculations).

Result > fish stocks (talking freshwater) have been better than ever, as far as the records are going, in what? 5 years ? It is amazing how quickly things are changing when people are changing.

Pikes, heaps, Atlantic salmons, more than 50 years ago, redfins? still showing strong, trouts (native back home) better than ever, all the small ones, better population than ever too, reason?

NO KILL + better management of water quality (polluter payer, policies, laws, fines).

Invasive species? L O L all our friends now ....

Coincidentally, the 2 "pretended" biggest enemies of native fish species (carp and giant catfish) are the icons of NO-KILL and have saved the industry of recreational fishing, with a consistent increasing number of addicts, spending zillions $$ each year to get equipped, travel to catch these fish, guide people to catch these fishes, etc etc etc

Funny huh?

Should I go further and mention that Koi Carps are authorized in the lucky country we live in? Koi Carp is primarily Cyprinus Carpio if I'm correct (I know I am because I studied aquaculture)

Where do they end? In ponds

What happens when a koi carp reproduces with a carp? uhuhuh...

What happens when the eggs of a koi carp are taken into feathers of an aquatic bird and that bird flies off to the next pond, or river? uhuhuhuh ...You get the sense of what I'm saying, massive hypocrisy here guys. Massive hypocrisy.

So of course these young fellas haven't "dispatched" the carps, because they use their feel, and their instinct, rather than listen to the absolute loads of crap talked by "science", and people always fearing what's new in general.

That said young fellas I should say that's baaaaad to not kill the carps, don't forget to slaughter them with a cricket bat or anything you've got in hand, that's what they deserve for giving you good fun and surviving in over polluted ponds of Sydney suburbs!!!! :P

Well done on the catches too, these fishes look incredibly healthy, l mean a mint fish like that with perfect jacket would make a lot of carp junkies jealous!!!

If scientist (unfortunately) fail to eradicate carps, which I strongly fear you could be lucky enough to catch them like than in a "few" years, they fun when they 15 + (up to almost 40 kg)

post-30692-0-39819100-1430826559_thumb.jpg

G'day raiders

Friday night went to Jordan's house again for the intention to hit the hacking but with the pouring rain when we woke up, decided to sleep in a bit longer and fish the lakes for carp

Saturday - I lost a countless amount of fish, I don't know what's wrong with me but anyway I caught my first carp on fly!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1430637988.884604.jpg

Jordan landed 2 fish, one small and one around 50, then another one of our mates lands a awesome 83cm one!

Sunday - hit the lakes again until 12 when I had to go, I started off crap, lost 5 good carp, went in for one but it was only knee deep so it wasn't an issue, I was losing fish after fish all good ones

We then changed spots... And my luck completely changed!!

Went to the spot where our mate Luke caught his big one, this was a shallow lake and u would stalk the carp eating and chuck bread at them, I hooked up to a monster and on 1-2kg rod and 1000 Stradic c14+ I knew my chances weren't the best with all the weed around but I landed the beast!!!! A new PB

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1430638311.443468.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1430638336.962502.jpg

Then believe it or not, see another one and very next cast pull this one just a tad smaller

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1430638387.013435.jpg

Absolutely stoked and definitely made up for my crappy start

Jordan then pulled the hooks on one, we moved again and I got a small one, then landed one around 60cm

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1430638471.554012.jpg

What a day!

Can't wait for next sesh

Cheers Gianni

. Yew Gianni nice can't wait till next time ayy

Hi guys

I've received many PMs about what we do with the carp

KILL OR RELEASE??

We release the carp we catch in lakes but in creeks that hold bass we kill them

We always fish for the carp in the lakes therefore, most of the carp you guys see us catch are released

I'm not the biggest fan of catch a fish and kill it because there a pest

What killing 1 out of 1000 carp gonna do?

Plus they are great fun to catch especially on 1-2kg gear

Hey mate that is a great fish on light gear. I broke my teeth on carp on light gear it taught me so much about knowing when to back it off and when to let them run. Teaches you how to fish. I have been teaching my boys how to catch carp they love it. I have also used them to show the boys how to kill the fish as humanly as possible. Now they know when we catch other fish what to do.

Don't care what fish they are if they fight and you see them ripping through the water pulling line you can't beat it. Yeah Hahhhh

I've had many comments and people trying to tell me that releasing carp is illegal when its not

i can understand killing them where they cause a threat to native species such as bass but i cannot see a reason to kill carp where they're the only species or don't harm the other species in their habitat. if i catch a carp in a closed lake no where near a river for the fun and fight what is the point to kill it id rather release it and catch it again when its bigger.

the other day my mate was on a carp for 40mins and it almost spooled him they're a great fighting fish and a awesome species to target when other fish might not be available or the weather is not good enough to get out

cheers sydneyfisher12

Every little thing we do to get rid of these they better it will be for our natives so yes it might be the cruel thing to do but Its the law to not return these fish to the water

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/pests-diseases/freshwater-pests/species/carp/groups/recreational-fishers

take note - It is not currently illegal to immediately return captured carp to the waters from which they were taken (defence under section 216 of the Fisheries Management Act). However, carp are a noxious fish in NSW and Industry & Investment NSW encourages recreational fishers to retain and utilise any captured carp rather than returning them live to the water.