Jetski fishing Sydney

Crofty

Hi Guys / girls

I have purchased a Jetski and now have rigged it up for fishing. I was hoping to meet up with other people who have done similar and would like to meet up for Jetski fishing days. I am in the Blue mountains, however, I fish in Botany Bay, Hawkesbury, Pittwater, Brisbane Waters and would like to go out front to Long Reef, Terrigal reefs etc. Happy to travel South to W'gong, Pt Kembla or North to Central coast. If there is a Jetski fishing group or individual looking for the same, please message me Cheers, David.

post-18879-0-23009500-1431414186_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
personal details removed
  • Like 1

Hey David. I am based on yhe north end of central coast and have a yamaha vx sport 1200. Love my fishing and id be keen to give it a crack and getting out there. In no way am i set up for jet ski fishing but am happy to wing it haha. Let me know

Only pic i could find haha

post-32642-14314179936406_thumb.jpg

Hi, My Jetski is set up with 6 rod holders and Eski. That means I use 2 rod holders for fishing rods, 1 for a net, one for a nulla nulla (club) Therefore, I have Spare rod holders if you have a fishing rod.

If you want to discuss, you can message me here on fishraider or email me on: dacrofts@gmail.com This was my 3rd time ever on Fishraider and my first post.

PS: I assume by the photo that the picture is of your wife, child and Jetski?

How experienced are you on a Jetski, I only have had the Seadoo for 6 weeks and have about 10 hours up!

Cheers, David

personal details removed

Hey mate i have all the right foshing gear ranging from rods to nets to gaffs. It is my wife and her little brother. I am very experienced on a ski and have been on them every second weekend during summer for about the past 6 years. Love going out and getting waves on them so reading the surf and bars and tackling big surf is not an issue. We currently have three skis in the family.

Sounds great, as you will be aware, I am new to a Jetski with only 10 hours but getting there. I have many years of boating with my own boats in the past and I am a member of Marine Rescue (6 years). I love my fishing but never had a need for a gaff, the big fish tend to take everyone elses bait and the smaller fish are attracted to mine. I have the flu currently and on Duty at Marine Rescue the weekend of 23 and 24th May. If interested and conditions are OK, maybe a Jetski fishing trip on Saturday 30 or Sunday 31 May? Maybe leave out of Mooney Mooney or Terrigal!

PS: What is your name?

Cheers, David

Hi, I get out on my Jetski a bit which I use solely for fishing. It has a fishfinder and GPS and have had it for about 3 years. I get out off Botany and have been off Forster a few times. I wont be out for a few weeks however as my tow vehicle has been damaged in the recent hailstorm but would be keen for a session when its back.

post-36324-1431508776674_thumb.jpg

Hi, I also use my Jetski solely for fishing, I have been out in Botany / Cooks river etc but not outside as yet, but keen to do so. My Seadoo GTI130 is set up similar to yours but I do not have a fishfinder yet however, I do have Navionics on my phone. Sorry to hear your vehicle got hail storm damage. I'm tied up for the next few weekends however, when your vehicle is back on the road let me know and we can sort something out . Message me on fishraider cheers, David PS: What is your name?

Hi Cameron, Excellent, do you want to arrange via Fishraider forum or would it be better to arrange via direct email or mobile? I will pencil in the weekend 30 / 31 May. We can confirm where and which boat ramp to meet up at when it gets closer and we know what the weather is doing. When I had my boat, I fished 12 months of the year (weather permitting) I expect to do the same on the Jet ski though I realise not everyone will go out in the colder months. Cheers, David

Just a few points to consider here chaps

Please contact each other using the personal message area in fishraider.

Do not put personal details like mobile phone numbers and places of work etc in public view

Be aware that this gathering would not be a fishraider sanctioned event.

Thanks Donna, I did not even think about giving my mobile or email out. Maybe I'm too trusting. How do we go about private messaging? is there a section on fishraider for this?

I do understand this is not a Fishraider event. I thought it would be a good medium for people with Jetski's wanting to go fishing to make contact (safer in numbers), currently I go out on my own.

I trust I have not broken any rules.

Thanks Donna, I did not even think about giving my mobile or email out. Maybe I'm too trusting. How do we go about private messaging? is there a section on fishraider for this?

I do understand this is not a Fishraider event. I thought it would be a good medium for people with Jetski's wanting to go fishing to make contact (safer in numbers), currently I go out on my own.

I trust I have not broken any rules.

There is a message box in the top right hand corner. Click on the envelope and you are able to receive and send messages.

To my knowledge, you have not broken any rules. Admin was just clarifying that you are trying to organise a meet up with fellow fishos NOT a site sponsored or approved event.

Regards scratchie mod team