1 finnish, 2 weeks.

JaniFIN

Hi there.

Trip is done, this report is ”little” late. Have been so busy with my school, what is allso done now. And my broken camera, how i cath my photos out, i dont know?

Anyway. My trip did start from home, after 39h 40min i went in Australia…really long trip.. Stu was pick me up from airport. First day was for rest and next 2-3 days i did wake up every morning about 4.00 am for fishing. We went 2 rivers with Stu, Cooks and other. That first river we catch some flatties, and breams. Stu catch one EP, and give ”EP lure” to me. He start make movie about my EP fishing, and i sayd to him: ”if you make film, i am sure that i cast to tree”, and i did. First cast to tree, second cast fish on and Stu filming, saying ”you first EP, you first EP…”, no, not EP..it was flathead. 3th cast to same spot, fish on…flathead again. I sayd to Stu, that ” it is not EP lure, it is flathead lure”. That trip we allso saw 2 opossums swimming, and i saw some small pretty blue bird with long tail. When we came back, i did saw icecream truck and running ¨stop it. I sayd that ”i take one icecream”, that dude will not understand what i mean, maby think that i robber him. Anyway, we did not understand each other, but i did get my icecream. Stu think that my iceream buy situation was funny thing.

One day we went Cooks, and it was really nice day, i really like Cooks river. Firs we fishing empty spot, but then move other place, catch some flatties, and then ”boom”, Stu catch Jew, short fight and fish on net. Nice fish and great theeths. Stu sayd me ” put this lure, this is good Jew lure”…couple of cast and fish on my rod. Stu sayd ”its jew, its jew..”, I sayd no, it is not pull so hard. Then Stu start repeat: ”its EP its EP, its really big EP”…use net and 38cm EP on boat, my very first and my PB allso…nice fish, i like it J . We continue drifting on river, and allmoste every cast was least some bite or fish on. Allso i did like that airplanes hows landing over us. Then i had better bite, fish on and reel say srrrrrr srrrr, short fight and line broken on ouysters, voi vituin saatatanan saatanan perkele, maybe was my PB bream. But fishing continue, and later we find nice spot, catch really many flatheads, allmoste every cast was least bite. There i catch my PB flathead J. That was really nice day, and i want go back to Cooks some day, many times.

One day i spend offshore with Des, Stu was sick. That Day was nice day allso, even w enot catch anything. I like boating and Des give me drive his boat. We allso saw one, maby 80cm dollie, how check our baits, but did not bait. When we came back to ramp, i cratch boat too fast on rubber, ( I am still sorry Des, i home that you can fixed is ready). Anyway, it was nice day.

One Fishing/ Crabbing trip we made to Wollongong with Stu and Des. That was really nice day, maby best fishing day all trip, even we not catch so many fishes. 3 mates on boat, nice weather lot of bullshitting and some fishes and crabs too. I dont remember how many crab traps we had, but first we not catch anything, then 1 or 2 crabs, we had maby 9-12 traps, maximum many for 3 peoples. Then we find nice flathead spots, lot of happening but smalls, some was big enough for take to eat and we did try catch them, not so many. Funny thing that i catch one, and i sayd that ” it is too small”, Stu sayd ”no, it ins big enough”, Des sayd ” Hmm, i dont know” and we little ”debate” of that size. Then Des measure it, sayd ”yes it is good size” and throw it away. We whatshing with Stu, that what you do now, then i start a laugh and Des sayd ”what a hell i do”, i laughing more. I did tease him all that trip that i not worry if i not even cath anything anymore, becouse if i catch 1 meter flathead, i am sore that Des throw it back to water. Allso Stu and Des had a fun for my finnish speaking, like Wollonkong and lake Illawara by finnish, and later my mud crab by finnish. ;) . Anyway we catch 4-6 legal flattie, and 12-19 crabs (cant remember).

One day we had BBQ on Stu´s and Donna´s house , there i met some new mates and old mates from site, that was nice evening allso. Main thing that evening was meet my aussien ”uncle” Geoff. Would be nice meet you everybody often, but it is so hard, maby we can keep some BBQ here some summer, and fishing Zanders?

Then i was couple of days in Forster fishing with Roberta by yaks. Oh i Like Forster and Yak fishing, if i win lottery some day, i move to Forster every 6 months, when here is cold. We fishing first day on shore, try catch blackie, but they did eat only tweeds, i hooked none. Difficult fish for fishing, but what a views!!!!! Next couple of dayd we fishing by yack, saw lot of fishs, but not catch many. I catch my first whiting and long tom. Long tom is nasty, with nasty ”spikey pliers”. It´s tuck 45min, that i get it out from net. Evening i went swim with local pool with Roberta huspand, oh what place, fishes on pool and nice sunsed. From swimming we drive ”views route” back to house, and i saw my faforite bird, laughing coocaburra. 2th day morning i catch really nice pictures about parrots. But when we went fishing, i broken my camera. That day i catch nothing, exapt 3cm small fish by hand, evening we went on swimming again. Last day we did try catch some blackies, but they went too smart again, and did only eat baits. Last minutes i catch my firs drummer, 5cm. We allso met Hank and drink some icetea. Trip to/in Forster was really nice parts on my full trip. I really like Forster atmosphere, and i really want live there some day.

From Forster i came back to Sydney, 4 days on Backbacker hostel. Stu and Donna offer bed on their hause allso, but it was easylly for me stay on center that last days. I visit in Parramatta Westfield eat kepab 2 mornings, they remember me after 6 years there. Then we went with Saija, and eat kepab every 4 days that same place. So they give me free bread ext ext, becouse i came from Finland to Sydney, and from Sydney to Parramatta only for eat that kepab. I allso spend 1 and half day on Bondi Beach, walking there 7+5 km. One half day i spend Bronte beach, that was nice, better that Bondi. On bronte i met 2 finnish girl, other live in Australia, and other was visitor. That hostel where i did live, there was finnish girl on work and holiday visa.

Last evening i met Stu and Donna on minto, we did eat some dinner, and Stu Drive me back in hostel. This time i did not cry, becouse i belive, that we meet again.

So. Trip was nice, not so many fishes, but lot of fishing and nice peoples. Want come again with all family, and be there 1-3 month. But i dont know when is it realistic, or is it ever? Should be nice to live there too, 1-3 yaers and study your lifestyle and cultur, but that it is too difficult orgaqnisation ever.

Anyway, thanks for everybody, was nice to meet you again, come to fishing here some day? Extra Special thanks to Stu and Donna.

Jani

Edited by JaniFIN

Wow, what a wonderful trip.

I am happy Stewy got you onto the fish.

I laugh about you and the icecream van.

He saw you coming and made you run, they always do that.

I think a Fishraider Finland Social is a great idea. Haha. I'd go.

Don't you have kebabs in Finland? We could corner the market,

G'day Jani,

It was great to catch up with you. Since you've posted some pics now I hope that means you worked out the problem with your camera.

I now have Chilli & Garlic Smoked sauce in my cupboard at all times since you got me to try it... yum! Hope you don't miss the ice creams and kebabs too much now you're back home.

If you come back one day with Saija and family there will always be a bed for you on the Gold Coast. Maybe one day I might get to travel to Finland with my family... the photos you, Stewy and Donna showed me looked great (although the water really looked too cold for swimming!!).

Best wishes, Tony

Oh boy I do miss you my friend you are one funny guy.

I will get back to Finland soon.

Loved having you here mate