Saturday at The Entrance

Stapo

Went down the entrance this morning as usual chasing black fish. I stopped at a garage at about 6am for supplies when I ran into the sword fisherman. Stewy. Come up to smash the perch he said, he'd been reading the reports from the new young members Blake an co. Well he came prepared had every rod and tackle in his car including his fly fishing rod and black fishing gear.

After meeting all the locals Marty, Dwayne,Tim,Alfy,Frank, and telling lots of stories and jokes we tried fishing but it just wasn't our day.

The young guns showed up and kicked our arse. They had so much energy and never stopped all day. I had to go home for a nap and when I returned Stewy had made friends with everybody. I've got to give it him he never stopped helping the boys all day. Hooked one up with a new reel line etc.

I'm sure the boys will put their report in.

Thanks Stew great day lots of fun. 931207704182357b5f51ee2db6e23b17.jpge8c739ad8a1700b496e1908173f22d34.jpg

Cheers Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to hear Steve, from what I've seen Swordy is a dynamo.

Always passionate and enthusiastic.

And the young guys are just doing what they do. Catch fish and have fun.

The trouble is, they take on advice, innovate approaches and beat us at our own game.

Grumpy old man talking. Haha.

The good thing is, they are people we can learn from.

Great to hear Steve, from what I've seen Swordy is a dynamo.

Always passionate and enthusiastic.

And the young guys are just doing what they do. Catch fish and have fun.

The trouble is, they take on advice, innovate approaches and beat us at our own game.

Grumpy old man talking. Haha.

The good thing is, they are people we can learn from.

well said. Yes we were uncle stew and uncle Steve. The old farts. Yes and where are his legs in that photo. I know one of his legs had bird crap on it they were dropping it all day. Ha

Always a fun day dodging bird shit haha and playing with fishing gear all day and teaching and learning doesn't get much better than that. Thanks for a top day fellas

I forgot to thank Blakes Dad another Steve for the hot chips he brought down and we were like a pack of hungry seagulls and it was nice to meet you dude.

Always a fun day dodging bird shit haha and playing with fishing gear all day and teaching and learning doesn't get much better than that. Thanks for a top day fellas

Had a better day today fishing wise Stew. Frank took me out in his boat and we got some nice flathead. At least we know where to find them. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/23/15ab694ee4387b5d958aab5715aebc36.jpg[/img

Cheers uncle Steve.

Great EP and some big flatties for The Entrance. Hoping to take the tinny out up there with my folks from Nth Entrance in a couple of weeks so I appreciate your report. Sounds like the blackies are still scarce. Any sign of mullet in the channel?

Steve,

Stewy is an absolute champ when it comes to helping others with their rods, reels, re spooling, knots etc.

He also doesn't mind cleaning the boat and gear!

Now all I need him to do is comeback up and re rig the knots he cut off on my game rods because bugger me if I remember how he showed me! :)

Glad a great day was had by all.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Steve,

Stewy is an absolute champ when it comes to helping others with their rods, reels, re spooling, knots etc.

He also doesn't mind cleaning the boat and gear!

Now all I need him to do is comeback up and re rig the knots he cut off on my game rods because bugger me if I remember how he showed me! :)

Glad a great day was had by all.

Cheers scratchie!!!

He told me he can tie those knots with his eyes closed. I believe him he was re rigging everybody. Ha

Might have to race down this sunday before work... west of lake fishing is hopeless just small flatties

Oddly enough the storm pushed MOUNTAINS of wireweed into ourimbah creek.... it can be found readily at a lazy depth of 2meters :D

Edited by Qnut