Port Kembla North Breakwall (Oilies)

aeb870

Just wanted to save anyone the trip to the northern breakwall this weekend. There is vessel currently docked on the inner side and as a result the gates are closed to the public. I was out on my friend's boat when I noticed this, and when I returned to the boat ramp I asked around (i planned to fish there in the morning) and was told it always closes to the public when a vessel is docked.

I know some travel down from Sydney (myself included) so I thought I would share the news and save people the drive.

Anytime, I know the feeling elferoz, it tends to ruin my fishing plans if its closed as the only other option of that type would be Hill 60 and I am not a big fan due to the crowd.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been locked for months now (well it's been locked every time in there) I was told by locals that there was construction being done, and that previous to that there was an assault on a fisheries officer.

I don't know if these tales have any truth to them though

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I was down for the first time in a month. I fished the north wall but south still looks closed. Deffinately looks like theyre doing work at about the 700m mark, two cement trucks and two mobile cranes. Maybe theyre resurfacing it? Only thinner i can think they'd need such a volume of concrete for...

The fishing was nothing special, 8 livies all eaten but no hookups

Cheers

I've never really had much luck at the southern breakwall and when I did actually hook up I would lose them trying to land them, I find it a rather difficult breakwall to fish. In saying that, I hear good kings get caught there towards the end in the inside facing the harbour.

Was anyone landing anything on the northern breakwall?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I tried the north during summer, saw and fed a nice king or two, but saw none landed. There are a few spots you can get down the bottom where you could land fish. But yer it is a bugger to fish

Nothing happening on the north wall. It was just me and two other young guys. I fed tailor but didn't land any, and the other blokes had no flipping idea what they were doing. After showing them how to put a sp on a jig head properly and explaining that they weren't going to catch anything fishing were they where, i redirrected the down the breakwall to a spot less tricky and where they were less likely to hurt themselves.... so in sumation, no one was out there to gauge if the fish were about

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I fished the northern wall yesterday at the top of the tide and recently before that and it's quite dead. Nothing on the surface a few squid at night and if you can cast out far enough there are a lot of smallish snapper that strip you as soon as you hit the bottom. As for the south wall they were concreting it yesterday about 50-100 m back from the end. I seen 3 concrete trucks plus other trucks

• 2 weeks later...