Sens A Brake + brake controller

locodave

Hi guys,

Just purchased a boat that comes with a sensa a brake unit on the trailer. I need to purchase the controller for it. I have been told I can only use the Al-Ko ones.

The owner of the boat has told me that it has a feature that when you disconnect, the brakes are applied on the trailer. Is this standard? Do I need anything special added to the Al-Ko brake controller?

If anyone has the Al-Ko controller, can you please post some pics of how you got it fitted and where you mounted it? Just curious for ideas.

Thanks!

Guest 4myson

Yes that's correct Locodave once the pin is pulled from the controller the brakes will activate . It's a good idea to this every now & then to make sure the 12 volt battery that's with the unit is not flat . I'll send you a pm of where you'll be able to get whatever you require ...

They probably have a battery test b button also.when pressed a state of charge light will come on.also the trailer brake lights go on and the brakes should apply.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

If the rig is over 2T there are several things the in car controller must do to pass the NSW towing requirements for trailer registration - the rules include statements like you must have the charge of the battery constantly monitored from within the tow vehicle when coupled. There have been previous posts on this topic.