Sunday at The Entrance

Stapo

Have been black fishing lately but there is still a lot of small ones. You will get the odd good fish.

So today headed out with Frank for flathead. Conditions was good there were no crowds and plenty of fish. We only stayed for a couple of hours as we tire very easy

A hot session we both bagged out let another 20 go including one around the 50cm. Most fish were small to average around the 40cm. But you caught one every second cast.

Just using a small paddle tail soft plastic 8 lb braid. 87ed56cf5613e383bc73a62441dd3524.jpg

The dredge is in town as well144fc54c7d023e532ae8995d04bf61ec.jpg

Cheers Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice catch Stapo were you in a boat or land based? Mate nothing wrong with tiring that's what Nanna naps are for.

Thanks mate. Yes in a little boat.

Thanks guys. It's nice when a plan works out well. We only catch flathead and blackfish so there's not much variety in our reports. Ha.

Great catch Steve.

Perfect eating at that size.

Does the dredge stir things up?

Thanks mate. No he works the eastern side of the bridge. At the moment he's (the dredge master as he likes to be called ) is waiting for more pipes and a survey from council. Ha you see sand you pump it out.

Hi Steve you probable could have caught another ten if Milo had a license, It was a beautiful day weather wise, well done, did you get any small bream as by catch to all the flatties ?

Cheers

correct with Milo. No bream or Taylor. Which was good for our lures. I think I used the same one all morning. Frank likes to mix it up a bit.

• Nice catch Stapo. Thanks for your report. I caught some up there a week ago and have been dining out on them since. Very sweet at that size. From my experience it's unusual to catch more than a few at this time of year.

• Nice catch Stapo. Thanks for your report. I caught some up there a week ago and have been dining out on them since. Very sweet at that size. From my experience it's unusual to catch more than a few at this time of year.
Yeah we seem to do better in winter up here. They say you can't catch flathead at The Entrance until the prawns start to run. They also say that they are a bit slow in winter, use lurers with a bit of vibration etc. they like the shallow water which is warmer. They sun them selves. They sit in drop offs. All the above is the opposite for us. Go figure. I've kept a diary for 10 years. This time of year we always do well.

Excellent report and well done Stapo. Its interesting eh, I have also found that some of the spots I fish (a bit further south than you) the rule book doesn't apply either as to when/where etc you should catch fish. Tuross lake for example, I have caught as many flatties in winter as I do in summer!

Have never been to/fished The Entrance......what are the ramps like around there and also how is the area for security for leaving your car/ boat trailer? any issues?

cheers

Mullatt

Hows it going Steve.The lake is on fire at the moment.went out with Dwain last week in his new boat....now thats a nice boat and I will be hard pushed to fall over in this one.Any way we got 16 keepers between us then Fuggly went back on Sunday and bagged out again.I think he is catching more fish than ever in the new boat as he likes to move around a lot more now than he used to.

Regards Stu.

Hows it going Steve.The lake is on fire at the moment.went out with Dwain last week in his new boat....now thats a nice boat and I will be hard pushed to fall over in this one.Any way we got 16 keepers between us then Fuggly went back on Sunday and bagged out again.I think he is catching more fish than ever in the new boat as he likes to move around a lot more now than he used to.

Regards Stu.

nice to hear from you Stuart. Yes nice boat I think he bought a canopy for it on the weekend. Yes we move all the time. Say 15 min then it might be a small move distance of a cast. Hardly ever drift.

Cheers

Excellent report and well done Stapo. Its interesting eh, I have also found that some of the spots I fish (a bit further south than you) the rule book doesn't apply either as to when/where etc you should catch fish. Tuross lake for example, I have caught as many flatties in winter as I do in summer!

Have never been to/fished The Entrance......what are the ramps like around there and also how is the area for security for leaving your car/ boat trailer? any issues?

cheers

Mullatt

boat ramps are great. Easy access for 3 boats. Security if fine during the day and non Holliday periods.