Float Fishing with Live Bait

Fishing_Maniac

Id oly suggest using the bait runner under supervision only! And let the livie take the balloon/float where ever it wants. If the bait is swiming freely in the water collumn, any decent fish should swallow the bait with out feeling the float, but you've still got to be quick and keep tension on.

They stay on the hook in free spool mode if they keep swimming, but if they stop or turn their head they're likely to spit it

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Looks like I'm also gonna go and get a bait runner oc as well. They're pretty cheap and sound like a good option. How is the hook up rate on these baitrunners compared to normal spin reels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the same reel, just free spooling is easier. So i don't really think it will effect hookup rates. That's up to you as a fisherman

One last thing, how long do you usually wait until you strike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yer, i know there's like a formula and stuff, but my veiw is if the fish is running, strike. Dont strike if your baits just being picked on.

But don't be a fool and be one if those people that strike like their trying to split the fish into two halfs. Gental works just as well and isn't as hard on your terminal tackle