Womans World Cup

antonywardle

Guest no one

In all fairness the USA are in a class of their own. They'd beat some lower down premier league mens teams on their day.

I watched the in the London Olympics in 2012 and my god the USA team have amazing positioning and read the game better than any other Female team!

Brazil rely on Marta too much and shes old now...

One thing the girls haven't learnt from the men yet is the dive. They certainly can take a hit and keep going unlike the professional acting lessons some of the so called men take. I've actually enjoyed watching a game where they are desperate for the ball not the free kick.

So this is about 2 teams dressed in silky shorts. Passing a bag of wind between them. And then hugging and kissing each other if they score. At the end the all go and get a shower together????

I'm not convinced women are suited to such a male dominated sport!!!

So this is about 2 teams dressed in silky shorts. Passing a bag of wind between them. And then hugging and kissing each other if they score. At the end the all go and get a shower together????

C'mon Salty, you must be having a laugh. Women's soccer has progressed heaps in the past decade or so. These ladies are playing for keeps. The USA are a strong side but don't overlook Japan and Germany. These teams plus Australia could easily feature in the semis. Just saying like!

LOL!

Yes, it seems that women's soccer in recent years has concentrated too much on ball skills, player fitness and development and not enough on goal celebrations, inappropriate touching and general theatrics.

They need to incorporate more of this if they are going to match it with the boys!

Iv caught a couple of games when I have been home from work but not sure if they are replays or not. I think an upset is on the cards for sure, but I think USA and brazil will be up there at the end.

Iv caught a couple of games when I have been home from work but not sure if they are replays or not. I think an upset is on the cards for sure, but I think USA and brazil will be up there at the end.

Hope you didn't have too much money on that

The Matildas are doing us proud. Sure they are not as fancied as the "big guns", but they are playing with good old Aussie determination. Hope they go all the way...though we should all be proud of their achievements, anyway.

ambrose607, on 22 Jun 2015 - 8:03 PM, said:

Big Neil you tipped the upset how much did you win?

Ambrose 607, no money spent backing soccer results...(I need what spare $$$s I have for fishing gear). Predict USA v Germany in 1 semi final and Japan v Norway in the other. Final Germany v Japan with Germany the winners. Time will tell! Neil.

Guest no one

USA will win it. They have a solid all round squad and now Morgan is fit for 90 mins they'll destroy!

Interesting fact - Hope Solo (the American goalkeeper) is currently on bail for domestic violence. She beat up her 6'9" nephew after he smashed a broom stick over her head... She's also regarded the most talented female goal keeper in the world!