landbased jew session

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Hit up the lower georges after work to flick some plastics.

After 4 casts with a flickbait on i got snagged and re rigged with a lighter jighead and a 3.5 inch grub.

With the new lure got a hit first cast but missed the hook up.

A few casts later i pull tight on the first fish of the day after a good five minute fight the first jew was on the deck measuring 680mm and released.

a few casts later i get the familiar jew tap and set the hook with this fish taking a good first run got him turned and this fish felt bigger than the first one but once landed i hooked him in the cheek and measured 500mm released this one.

Next hookup i got busted off by this fish and had to tie a new leader on.

I got busted of two more times but only lost my lures on these fish.

Tied a new jighead on and cast out getting another hookup halfway in with this fish getting me in the rocks on his second run but managed to get him out and on the deck going 680mm on the bragmat duly released after a photo.

Three casts later get another hookup and first run takes 80 meters of line and get him turned second run takes about 50 meters of line then the leader broke as i did not replace it from the last fish i landed as the light was fading and i had no headlight on me.

It was a good hour and a bit session for the arvo.

all fish taken on 2-4kg rod 8lb braid and 6lb leader 2500 stradic ci4 reel.

post-18046-0-50694700-1435303719_thumb.jpg

post-18046-0-49187000-1435303758_thumb.jpg

post-18046-0-56670900-1435303805_thumb.jpg

post-18046-0-60962700-1435303844_thumb.jpg

Cheers trevor

Edited by hawkesbass

This is just insane~ great stuff trev. i seen people throwing whole squid out and waiting like hours for a hit! and nothing. you are fishing with sp and you are smashing it. i guess experiences and knowledge plays a big part in fishing.

if you dont mind. i'll send you a pm and if possible you can reply back. because im a LB fisho also:P