Port Hacking - just a feed

Yowie

Fished near Deer Park early this morning. Caught the reddie and red gurnard early on fish strips, then the little reddies started stealing baits. The reddie is just over the limit, but died while I was trying to remove the hook, so I kept it.

No yakkas about, but while fishing for them with the yellowtail line, small hook and small bait, hooked up the trevally. Also a few under the size limit.

Not much, and not big fish, but better than nothing.

Also hooked this small flattie, and from looking at photos on the web, it appears to be a Northern Sand Flathead, Platycephalus Entrachtensis. Did not take a photo of it's tail from side on, which show the black stripes on the tail, with the blackest stripes near the bottom of the tail.

post-13153-0-47159400-1435543573_thumb.jpg

post-13153-0-47241100-1435543602_thumb.jpg

Edited by yowie

Not the usual smorgasbord yowie! But still a few decent fish. Do you eat the Sargent baker or give them to the inlaws?

Cheers scratchie!!!

Scratchie,

Red gurnard, not a baker. It will be eaten by me. Only an average eating fish.

The fish are dropping off in numbers. Yellowtail are quiet, no pilchards to be seen, whitebait schools have almost disappeared.

Edited by yowie

Scratchie,

Red gurnard, not a baker. It will be eaten by me. Only an average eating fish.

The fish are dropping off in numbers. Yellowtail are quiet, no pilchards to be seen, whitebait schools have almost disappeared.

Sorry mate, looking at it from my phone. They are a bit quiet especially the yakkas. They were everywhere 2 weeks ago and couldn't find them on Saturday. Bring on summer I say!