Electric motor

jtp

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a good electric motor suitable for a quintrex 470 coastrunner. I mostly do my plastics and lure work in the yak but it's getting a bit cold for me feet haha.

Cheers,

Joe

Swordfisherman is right on the money........I have a 55lb motoguide and while this pushes my 4.5m brooker side console along really well, you may find a 55lb motor will struggle to push your larger boat. I would probably stick with either a MK or MG branded one though.

I used to have a 55lber but when the going got tough like wind over 20 knots or really strong current the 55 would struggle big time and when you are in snaggy country or trees on dams and the wind is howling you can still feel safe also when you need to go hard after a bigger than normal fish like a jew you can power into the fight with gusto.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a good electric motor suitable for a quintrex 470 coastrunner. I mostly do my plastics and lure work in the yak but it's getting a bit cold for me feet haha.

Cheers,

Joe

Motor Guide 80LB - 60" with GPS - far better value than the noisy Minn Kotas

Thanks everyone for your advice. Now to decide between 80lb MK or MG...Looks like generally MK is a little bit more exp then MG. Any particular reason for that?

Motor Guide 80LB - 60" with GPS - far better value than the noisy Minn Kotas

Thanks mate. The Minn kotas also has GPS? I'm leaning toward the motor guide if as you say it's quieter (plus less damage on my wallet).

Thanks everyone for your advice. Now to decide between 80lb MK or MG...Looks like generally MK is a little bit more exp then MG. Any particular reason for that?

Thanks mate. The Minn kotas also has GPS? I'm leaning toward the motor guide if as you say it's quieter (plus less damage on my wallet).

yeah mate it also has the jogging feature with the MK doesn't. You can press left, right, back or forward and it will take you 5 feet in that direction. press it it twice and it will move you 10 feet etc, If you PM me I can point you in the right direction...

yeah mate it also has the jogging feature with the MK doesn't. You can press left, right, back or forward and it will take you 5 feet in that direction. press it it twice and it will move you 10 feet etc, If you PM me I can point you in the right direction...

Thanks for the help man, appreciated. I'll give you a PM.