Fishing Central Coast

G'day raiders

Today I got back from a 4 day fishing trip with mates Irvin and Jordan fishing the Central Coast

Got there Wednesday night ready for the next morning

Thursday morning we hit the rocks with Irvins dad (very experienced rock fisho) in hope of drummer

It was very hard going trying for drummer getting picked off by all the little pickers but Jordan caught a nice squid so we used the tentacles as bait and got a few baby drummer

I also got a nice leather jacket

Then went for some squid for nothing, then got lunch, then my mate came down and we started spinning a bit for a nice tailor while Jordan and Irvin went flicking the beach for a nice flattie and a nice trevally

Then we got a yakka spinning which was kept for bait

Good end to the first day

post-33634-14360915651692_thumb.jpg

Next day fished for drummer again only getting more small ones (black and silver drummer) post-33634-14360916106096_thumb.jpg

Also got plenty of reefies and rock species

post-33634-14360916510466_thumb.jpg

Then a few flatties off the beach

And Irvin then caught a salmon spinning the rocks which was kept for bait

That's about it for that day

Then day 3 we went to the entrance in hope of EP's and bream but with a strong wind and ripping current made it really hard so hired a kayak only for one little bream

Then went home, got the gear ready and headed off to a jewwie spot

I set out a whole butterflied yakka and got a take in about 20mins of fishing

A solid take, strike, and come tight to a good fish which takes me into a snag

Unfortunately I lost this fish so continued to use slabs of tailor and salmon and got 3 more takes but not proper hook up!! Only pulled hooks and fish in snags unfortunately

Called it a night at 8pm

Next morning, headed to the rocks again in hope of drummer and spinning for Pelagics

I started spinning for one hook up while Irvin was fishing ISO style for drummer

We got none so moved spots until we found a good spot but only kept getting either little fish or getting busted off

I then went and got a few crabs and first cast, rod loads up and I straitened my hook!! Damn maybe blue grouper

So I go and find more crabs, gathered around 20 all up and headed to a good looking ledge

Drop one down and see my line moving off quite fast

Close my bail, line tightens, feel a little bite then the rod loads

I strike into a really good fish and he doesn't give up

It didn't stop fighting back even on a 14lb rod, 5000 size reel and 16lb leader

I got him up and swung him over the rocks and there it was! My first drummer measuring 40.5cm!!

post-33634-14360923076462_thumb.jpg

post-33634-14360923218678_thumb.jpg

He absolutely smashed the crab which i was quite surprised but not complaining!! Absolutely stoked with this fish! Such an addictive fish to catch

Anyway got a few smaller drummer and my first parrot fish which put up a good fight on the ISO rod!!

Sorry for the long read guys

Hope u enjoyed

Cheers Gianni