Como - blackfishing with surprise capture.

Oscarthebeagle

Fished the last 1.5hrs of daylight on Saturday, pretty slow ended up with 2 just legals and half dozen throwbacks.

The interesting fish was my first down of the day. Cast close to the structure float just settles then shoots down, hook up solid on something lock the spool with my hand as the fish dives at every bit of structure he can see. Doesn't feel quite right, flash of silver as the fish dives again for the next structure get it back to the surface and can id it before it dives again (at least if I lose it now I know what it was) get it back out of the structure and into the net with some difficulty, these fish never give up.

A Silver trevally, 41cm. Amazed the #10 hook held as most of the fight was with a few meters of line out and locked drag.

A new species to add to the list caught on weed.

Had the blackfish for dinner last night, one of my wife and kids favourite fish dinners.

Thanks for reading

Ash

Good to here about the black fishing by catches. Caught a mullet on weed last weekend. Have caught several tailor as well over the years. Still waiting for the holy grail, flathead on weed.