Coffs Harbour 20th-24th July

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

I am just wondering if there are any raiders in or traveling to coffs around the above dates that may require a decky for some offshore fishing?

I'll be up there for the week as my son is playing for a spot in the NSW touch football team.

I've fished the area a few times but I don't really want to drag the boat up there for one days fishing.

I'm happy to throw in for fuel, bait, wash boat etc.

If anyone is able to help me out, please send a pm or post back here.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Take some squid with you and fish for jewies off the beach if you can't get a boat ride. Most of the beaches hold them up there. You'll just need to pick your spot based on gutters and conditions on the day.

Thanks captain! Yeah I've tried that before with the owner of the resort. That will be another option. Really would like to head offshore if possible.

Good luck mate. I hope you can get a ride.

If I wasn't building next week I would have dragged the boat down.

Hopefully you can get out. A mate of mine that lives down there tells me

the snapper are going nuts on plastics at the moment.

Good luck mate. I hope you can get a ride.

If I wasn't building next week I would have dragged the boat down.

Hopefully you can get out. A mate of mine that lives down there tells me

the snapper are going nuts on plastics at the moment.

Cheers mate. I'm hoping I can get out too! Caught my biggest ever snapper there. The place is a Mecca for them. Mind you, I'm doing pretty well on them down here to at the moment.

If your plans change, let me know and I'm there!

So, after watching the boys play 6 games, we zoom off home about 330pm. Sorry I can't drive pass that huge tackle store. 2 second look and thought no, I'll come back when I've got more time. Race home get the gear, ring my mate and his kids. Go pick them up, scream down boambee beach and tie new leader and jig, cast out and bang! Onto a nice flatty!

post-24974-0-44141100-1437465152_thumb.jpg

Only had a half hour window and that was it. But tomorrow looks promising and I have a few hours to cast away! post-24974-0-54075100-1437465295_thumb.jpg

That big (used to be blue) tackle store used to advertise they were the biggest in the southern hemisphere. Been in there it's huge

It's actually the largest in the world!

And thanks Steve! Couldn't have been a better cast. I think I threw it down his throat! :)

Fished coffs creek yesterday for 30mins between matches. Had a couple of hits on hard bodies from bream but no hook ups.

Also fished at urunga in the arvo. A very fishy place and somewhere I'd like to revisit with a tinnie. Current was too fast for throwing sp's but we managed a couple of Flatty further upstream.

I've also decided that we will fish all the way home, so any ideas from coffs to port Stephens that aren't too far from the highway would be great.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Just south of Coffs is Hungry Head.

Drive as far as you can to the parking area.

Only a couple of hundred metres to the south there are rocks & scattered

bommies everywhere.

I've scored some nice snapper off there & always thought it looked good for a jew.

It's only 3 kms off the highway.

Good luck.

Just south of Coffs is Hungry Head.

Drive as far as you can to the parking area.

Only a couple of hundred metres to the south there are rocks & scattered

bommies everywhere.

I've scored some nice snapper off there & always thought it looked good for a jew.

It's only 3 kms off the highway.

Good luck.

Thanks grant but the weather wasn't great so we decided on a few different spots along the way. I really need to go back up for a week with my boat and so some exploring. There are estuaries and rocky outcrops everywhere!

Just arrived home!

We ended up fishing, urunga..... Really need a tinnie there.

A quick stop at nambucca heads. Another place that looks really fishy but the water was clear and it was pissing down, so we had a few casts, something to eat and moved on.

South west rocks, found a little sheltered spot and everyone in the family managed a few bream. It rained the whole time and all the way home but no one cared.

Would loved to have done a bit more fishing but it wasn't to be!

FYI, my sons team finished 5th in the state! Awesome effort!