Narrabeen Beach 15/7

GreasePit

Gday raiders, first report, and coming as a result of info learnt through fishraiders users.
Had the day off today and the old man recently snapped a spring on the boat trailer so i decided to go give another crack at the beach.
This was my 3rd attempt off Narrabeen with my previous two being busts. Was mostly trying to go for something more sizeable than the usual bream and flathead caught in Berowra.

Arrived at 1:30 odd planning to fish till the top of the tide at 8.
Couldn't see any gutters today at the north end of narrabeen and being lazy i just i plopped myself in front of a sandbank where the deeper water was within casting range, and the car close for when pack up time comes.

Was fishing two rods, one with a light line set up with a paternoster with two 2/0 hooks about 20cm from the sinker and another at 40. This rod was baited throughout the day with my favorite all rounder bait, diced chicken breast covered in cheap Parmesan cheese.
The other rod was for the bigger fish, rigged paternoster with ganged pillies 30cms from the sinker and a surf popper around 60cms up.

After a good while, with no bites, losing a pair of beach worming pliers and the only thing to get the heart pumping was a hippie looking lady whose dog i had to keep shooing away from my chicken after each time casting my line.

I finally get my first bit of excitement.
Get a little run on the small rod and pull in a sand whiting, which at the time i thought was undersized so i threw him back.
When i got home i measured to a notch i made on a bucket and the whiting would have gone 27cms.
post-35978-0-92276700-1436966950_thumb.jpg

As the sun faded behind me i had another run on the little rod, this time peeling a little line and giving a little curry, winding in for a stocky little 33cm bream.
post-35978-0-46133900-1436966954_thumb.jpg

Before i have a chance to unhook the bream, i hear the line peeling off of the big rod in the background.
I let her take a bit of line, flick the baitrunner off and set the hook.
After a couple minutes and a fun little fight i come up trumps with a 63cm salmon caught on the surf popper, the first time i've ever used it!

post-35978-0-19272100-1436966956_thumb.jpg
post-35978-0-86538500-1436966957_thumb.jpg

After that it went quiet until about 7 when i get another run on the little rod, coming up with a 34.5cm trevally to top off the night.
Cold, wet and sick of discovering new places in which sand can cause chaffing, i happily end the night before the top of the tide and retire to the warmth of the indoors.

post-35978-0-32962500-1436966952_thumb.jpg

post-35978-0-78204800-1436966959_thumb.jpg

post-35978-0-76700600-1436966961_thumb.jpg

Hey Chris

I saw you up north Narrabeen yesterday, I was down the south end. I zeroed and left around 5ish

I should have came up and said hello, maybe my fat ass walking in the wash scared all the fish up your end!!

Congrats, good to see someone had a successful trip yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great report Chris................I love beach fishing!

Have heard about the chicken/Parmesan approach.........how does that work? Doesn't the Parmesan just wash off? Do you use the real deal cheese or the one in the tin?

Cheers