Kayak advice

krause

Hi all, looking at purchasing a fishing kayak, just wondering what i should be looking for, or if there is anything i should avoid.

Im looking at using it inshore and at worst ill be at the mouth of port kembla or the hawkesbury (with time and experience of course). Looking at 2nd hand kayaks to keep costs low, but im finding new ones for $500-600 bucks. All advice welcome, thanks guys.

G'day mate, been doing a lot of my fishing kayak based at the moment and it's definitely a heap of fun :)

Actually looking at an upgrade to.a hobie next year to up my game [emoji14]

Things to consider: height and weight?

For anything you want to handle a bit of chop with and swell out in the port etc a decent length is the go.

If you're seeing the new ones at about 600 it's probably the one I've got, sold under a few names but just shy of 4m long with foot rudder and black centre console?

If so they're perfect for the money. I've been out in chop and swell and been pummeled by ferry wash and other boats and never felt like I was going to go in.

They paddle well and cut through the waves rather than slapping them.

great way to see if you like it :)

Otherwise you'll find plenty of the name brands second hand at that price, Ocean Kayak do a few good ones that will handle the bay work even better.

Any other questions lemme know

Yer there are 2.8 and 3.8m options for 400 and 600 respectively. Our 2nd hand 3.8m models that look alittle fancier for 500ish. All have a rudder and standard features. Can't find any with the foot powered drove system

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk