Nelson bay marina breakwall 1/8/15

fisholb

Took the family to port stephens for our annual weekend away. Stayed at one mile beach. Decided to take the family fishing at the marina breakwall. Got there around 4pm. Only got around 2hrs before it gets dark. Rigged one rod with float and the other one with paternoster. Only got chicken fillet for bait. Gave the rod with the float to my eldest son robie and the other one to my youngest son matt. Robie was only getting nibbles but matt landed 6 fish in one hr. A bream a trev a snapper and three rock fish. Matt told me he had the best time of his life. All the fish caught went back to grew more. Packed up around 6pm. Matt askef me if we can go fishing again at the same spot next time. Looks like I got another new recruit. Matt is 7 robie is 17. Both of them are now very keen fishos like me. I started fishing back in winter 2008 and im still as keen as ever. Fishing is now part of my family life. Thats all I think about everyday 24/7.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Shhhh, you can't tell anyone! Lol. The breakwall is certainly one of the most productive spots in the bay land based. It's also a great place to take the kids with relative safety and the chance of landing a decent fish! 3 weeks ago my mate landed a 22kg Jew there and we are only 2 months away from the monster kings that frequent the wall. But good luck stopping those big boys!

Glad the family had a great time and caught a few!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Shhhh, you can't tell anyone! Lol. The breakwall is certainly one of the most productive spots in the bay land based. It's also a great place to take the kids with relative safety and the chance of landing a decent fish! 3 weeks ago my mate landed a 22kg Jew there and we are only 2 months away from the monster kings that frequent the wall. But good luck stopping those big boys!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks

Youngest son matt wants to go back there next week

Wont be going back until next month hopefully

not a bad spot that breakwall, produces Bream, Trevally, jew fish, Blackfish, calamari, bait fish, Tailor etc, always had fun there

Love that breakwall

We always make sure we wet a line every time were in the area

Cheers scratchie!!!

hahahahahha ok I wont tell anyone :P

Guest 4myson

Well done ... There's nothing better than watching the smiles on your kids faces once they land some fish !!!!

It's always good fun at this wall. You never really know what's gonna turn up. Those big Kings are bloody frustrating though, hard to hook and near unstoppable when you do......not long now.