New law about boat trailers on streets

locodave

I see the issue, and agree it can be painful. I also think it should not be limited to boat trailers. I think it is not fair to leave the car/boat/trailer on the road for free. There is one of those boats in my road, been there since at least 6 month. Did it take away parking space? yes. Fortunately there is enough space to park on the road, so really no one bothered. I wonder which of my neighbour will report my boat?

I suggested to my council to introduce a yearly parking fee, for cars or trailers of any sort, to get a permit to park on the road. They would not care. Now they have to.

In my suburb all the houses have driveways, or garages, but most of the people park on the road.

The covernement will probably delegate the "Retrieval of unattended boats" to contractors. Expect to have your boat to be towed away, while you're washing it down by dodgy brothers.

I suggested to my council to introduce a yearly parking fee, for cars or trailers of any sort, to get a permit to park on the road. .

Strewth mate. Don't encourage them to take even more!!!! Rego for car. Rego for boat. Rego for trailer. Yearly licence fees boat. Car. Fishing.

Fuel duty.

Why does every challenge result in smacking Joe blow with more bloody costs???

Edited by NaClH2OK9

it sounded on the news last night as though they were trying to target people

that don't live in the area where their boat is parked which sounds reasonable

but the approach they are going with will actually get everyone instead

not a fan, although im not impacted. My boat is in my drive way

Tough topic. I live on a street with tight parking. One of the neighbours keeps a trailer (no boat) parked on it. But not in front of his house as that would stuff up his parking, no it's down the street in front of someone else. The trailer hasn't moved once in 9 months I have been living here. When one neighbour said something to them, they sent round their 20 year old sons to suggest they keep their views to themselves.

This is the exception though. My boat doesnt fit in the garage, so I pay to park it somewhere secure but have stored it on street in my o9ld house.

Edited by mark_s

Tough topic. I live on a street with tight parking. One of the neighbours keeps a trailer (no boat) parked on it. But not in front of his house as that would stuff up his parking, no it's down the street in front of someone else. The trailer hasn't moved once in 9 months I have been living here. When one neighbour said something to them, they sent round their 20 year old sons to suggest they keep their views to themselves.

This is the exception though. My boat doesnt fit in the garage, so I pay to park it somewhere secure but have stored it on street in my o9ld house.

Do What a woman at Mosman did

Whack a for sale sign on it with their address on it. They'll get sick of the constant people hassling them to buy the trailer

Edited by Crossfire63

This law isn't aimed at just boat trailers. It was first proposed a few years ago and the Manly daily ran an article suggesting that there were too many trailers used to carry advertising parked around the northern beaches. It about trailers in general, but boat trailers tend to be the biggest and most obvious, so the mainstream media is running with that. It was bound to happen one day with so many people living close to the water and boats being generally affordable, but not enough room on the water to moor them. Perhaps in the future, more thopught should go into garaging when designing housing. We often have more lawn than we know what to do with, so double or triple garages might be the way to go. But for now, this is going to be a problem for the trailer boatmen.

Heading to Sydney harbour tomorrow .. Was wondering if someone can help me on a few fishing spots .. Taking out the boat but need some help .. Also if someone can help direct me to the location of "the wedding cake" spot.. Much appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk