cowan and pittwater area

roba72

Went out in boat with daughter for a fish hoping to get a feed. Not much happening. We put boat in at bobbin Head fished in the area for a few hours with prawns only got a few small snapper all thrown back. Went around to pittwater tried near the basin caught 1 nice flatty and that was it. Pretty disappointing really for the effort.

Have read about kingfish highway, supermarket and other wrecks valiant etc would anyone be so kind as to share there locations either here or privately Id be much appriciated as would my little one she is losing hope in her dads fishing capabilites lol

The water in Pittwater is very clear and clean right now........we could see to a depth of 30+ feet on Sunday. I think squid, salmon and blackfish are the best bets inshore.........around in pretty good numbers.

Obviously offshore is different, with a mate of mine and his son jagging 2 snapper 86cm & 84cm and a kingy 99cm off Warriewood.

There were kingfish being caught around Scotland Island 3-4 weeks ago, but I reckon it would be a real long shot now until October/November and my experience last year was that live squid were a must at that time of year even if it takes an hour or more to catch one. The kingfish highway runs from Stokes Pt south past Taylors Pt to Scotland Island.

I'm sure your daughter is happy hanging out with her dad, but maybe give those salmon a go in Pittwater on light tackle - always great fun!

Get yourself the navionics app on your phone. You'll find all the marks and more. But won't guarantee more fish. I know.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Had a look $60 a year subscription is that the one。 so all the marks like the ones scratchie has put up on this site are on the app does it show where the reefs are etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The iPad version is $70 and the iPhone version is $22. Doesn't require a yearly subscription but Navionics+ does which you get for the first year. Sonar charts in Navionics+ is useful but will see how much renewal will be. And yes you can find all the marks Scratchie posted, plus others. You can also save your marks.

Yes, v slow in Pittwater atm, unless you find the fish. Look for the diving terns: last weekend I fished 4 hours for nothing (with fresh squid bait) then spotted some diving birds and caught two decent tailor, a salmon and a good-sized trevally in 20 minutes. I could have got more, but that was more than a feed. Amazingly, I was the only one fishing the school, but still had plenty of yahoos in giant boats driving right through the middle of the diving birds (and like always with the big boats, driving on between me and the shore, and passing to the left...). Thankfully, the fish seemed to be hungry. All fish had small whitebait in the stomachs, so I'll be out there with the fly rod this weekend, trying to get my first fish on the fly, and first fish on a fly I tied myself...