chasing tailor over winter help

stevex

Hey all been reading and im always seeing that people say tailor are mainly caught in winter which i find strange cause i like chasing tailor and i rarely catch tailor in winter and if i do just be one or 2 on an outing if any ....can anyone shine some light on if theres are tailor about i fishing of the central coast beaches and only been catching salmon lately

I think they're more abundant on the beaches at night. I fished last light the other day and was hooking on to salmon until the light went, and then I got chewed to pieces by tailor. My friend spent the last month on the beaches going for them and got a fair few monsters at around 9pm. Not a usual target species for me though, so take my words with a pinch of salt.

Hey mate we have been getting tailor in numbers off Wamberal late arvo on metals. Plenty of decent gutters, just look with one with a sandbank running adjacent to it so there is plenty of wash for the fish to hunt from

Guest Guest123456789

Tailor don't take food off the bottom in my experience!

+1. Use fish oil as burley as it stays on the surface. Cast the lure through the oil at the right place at the right time. It's a turkey shoot!