big sydney kings

Sydneyfisher12

headed out Sunday morning out of Sydney heads chasing kingfish

had quick stop at the artificial for some live bait but didn't get any

after not getting any live bait we headed east to a reef off sydney

when i arrived there were about 25 boats there but i didn't see many catching. I talked to a few people who told me the fish were around

we stopped in the middle of everyone and didn't really get any so i sounded around for a bit looking for fish. Eventually i found some good marks i hooked up good on the jig and boated a 80cm+ fish my dad was jigging with a lighter rod and hooked up but he got busted off. I was straight back down and into another 80cm+ fish then the bait rod went off and my dad landed the smallest fish of the day a 74cm.

post-33466-0-08765600-1439776447_thumb.jpg

the fish were on if the fish went off i just moved around and sounded them. I sounded a really good patch of fish and dropped and hooked up and pulled in a 84cm dropped again and hooked up hard on a good fish took heaps of line and eventually i landed my pb kingfish going 95cm. we had now completely filled the esky and all the fish from now on were released.

post-33466-0-19096100-1439776418_thumb.jpg

i jigged another 5 around the 80cm on the heavier gear before i changed to the gomoku first drop i popped the 20lb leader because i was going to hard second fish i had to stop from spooling me (only about 90m of line) and popped the leader again. I hooked up again and landed one going 86cm and then got smoked again before going back to the heavy gear and landing another 3 fish over 80cm.

post-33466-0-41744400-1439776434_thumb.jpg

as it got later and everyone started to leave the fish thinned out and were really hard to find i had a few hook ups which i dropped on the way up. we left around 1 and got a bit wet coming in once the wind picked up.

it was a awesome day out there and great to upgrade the pb hopefully i can get that 1m fish soon

cheers sydneyfisher12

Guest stephanb79

Awesome fish seamus

Glad your getting into the bigger fish

I'm very jealous, hope u crack a metre soon

Cheers Gianni

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your jealous how about me lol