Weekend at dads, Laurieton.

hobbitt

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that blackfish (2nd pic)… The ol' boy out fished me…………………. AGAIN. But I did manage to out class him on the second day (Sunday) with some nice crocs. A great couple of days, even had nice weather!

Just done a search on the web….. That rainbow coloured fish, looks to be a ''Rainbow Wrasse" So the question I have to ask is….. Can you eat them, and if so, what's the legal length? My dad caught and released 2 of these beauties that went around 22cm. I left my phone at his house and was unable to take a happy snap.

Popular spot, I've got a lot of family up there including my 89 year old parents.

Went up for the bank holiday weekend earlier this month. Fished north haven wall one night. Lost a small Jewish ~80cm when the hooks fell out at my feet as I tried to slide it out and a much bigger fish on the rocks late in a long fight. Was on my own and needed an extra pair of hands unfortunately.

Went chasing kingies outside with my cousin who drop lines for them up there from his trawler. He had a good day with the fish averaging 5kgs. Caught a few on the rod from the back of the boat while he was doing his thing and picked up this small Bar Cod as a surprised catch just before we headed home. It's about 75 Fathoms and hard on the back after a few in a row.

My brother & I also caught a few blackfish from North Haven wall while were there. All in all a great couple of days with the weather playing ball. Must be something in the water keeping our parents young like the movie Cocoon

Cheers

Garry

post-7452-0-58258700-1439983639_thumb.jpg