Weekend getaway @ Forster with mixed bag

tamzie28

Hi All,

My first fishing post/report.

Headed off 6am to Forster Tuncurry, got there at 10 ish. Got to our cabins and unloaded our stuff, we headed to the break wall with calm and beautiful weather/conditions.

First cast using cubed pillie, to my excitement I couldn't believe it not even 2 minutes and bzzzzz went the reel, first fish a 27cm bream, 2nd cast again bzzz this time a 30cm bream. Now the best one... Casted and as soon as it hit the water bzzzzz, this time it felt different, a lot more power and it was peeling line and I thought to my self I'm going to loose this... Running 10lb main and 6lb leader on shimano stradic 2500 ci4+. After about 5min I see some colour and to my surprise this is my PB silver trevally @ 41cm [emoji2]. My brother also bagged 2 trevally @ 40cm, Tailor @ 43cm and a black fish @ 39cm. All in all its been a great weekend. fbdb6c3f382e700fe3fcb4e39520ed4c.jpg25c548d4fbdfc2350231baa0f3c2904d.jpg

Guest 4myson

Good on ya ! What a great weekend away ... I'm looking forward to getting up there soon with the family & get some fishing done as well.