Thumbs up for Shimano

spaners

I broke the top section off on my Shimano two peice 6-8kg Snapper rod on the weekend.So I phoned head office in Carringbah on Monday to try to order a top section,only to be told that they don't make this rod any more and it was a special line for that Big camping store{you all know the one}.Now the nice old bloke told me that if I took my busted rod to the Big camping store and told them to phone him he would arrange a new rod at half price.The Big camping store was a little skeptical at first but in the end they phoned him up and he was good to his word and I now have a nice new shiny rod to play with on the weekend at half price.

Well done Shimano and the Big camping store.

Thanks Stu.

Edited by wher'd all the fish go

Guest 4myson

Got to agree with Shimano service , Awesome !!! I gave my Firebloods & sons Stella in for a service about 6 weeks before Christmas & was told I'd get them back in time for Christmas . I didn't get them back till few weeks into January due to delievery of some parts that were required ,So Shimano waved all the service fees & threw in all new reel knobs as well !!

I've had nothing but good service from them too. I had the same situation last year with a jig rod that was 6 or 7 years old that they no longer made. People must understand that all things including tackle will break it's the way the manufacturer deals with their service after that is important.

Have to agree. 10 year warranty on a $150 reel.

That just doesn't happen anywhere else.!!

Have taken back 2 reels for free repair in last 12 months. Returned like new and so easy.

Though I always buy another outfit in excitement of the great service ;)

Gives you the confidence to spend on the Purcase and servicing of the higher end gear.

Edited by NaClH2OK9

Well done Shimano. Touch wood I've never had a problem with any of their products but great to know this sort of service is there when needed. I can never understand why more companies in general don't take this sort of attitude when this sort of reputation is so so valuable.

R

I have been an advocate of Shimano for no less than 10 years now, and just as I was considering buying a different brand they went above and beyond again!

I had bought a Shimano raider for a weekend away (didn't want to spend too much for the occasion), and kept it in a hard case fearing any knocks that will impact the structural integrity. Had a great weekend with lots of fun on the rod, the following weekend I went for a quick fish and as I was setting up the rod when the tip snapped. I was very upset and confused as I was sure the 2 week old rod was treated perfectly. Knowing that I would never be able to claim warranty on a snapped tip, I went down to the tackle store to see anyway. At the store, I experienced very poor customer service which made me more adamant to request the rod be sent back to Shimano for an assessment.

A week later, I was called back into the store and Shimano had assessed and replaced the rod for a new one. Even the tackle store was shocked with the outcome but it was a good reminder for me as to why I still remain a strong Shimano advocate.... Not to mention great gear!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Edited by aeb870

I too am an advocate. A few years ago I broke a Shimano ET special pulling in a ray - bottom of the line graphite, generically a Catana. Took it to my local bait and tackle shop asking if it was possible to have it repaired and whether it was worth the cost. The owner confirmed it wasn't worth the cost, but kept it to show the Shimano dealer.

1 week later I had a new Catana for nothing!

Didn't cost them much but my appreciation will certainly last a long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They're not perfect.

I had my top of the range threadline reel back there 3 times to be fixed in 8 years, each time having to pay for it. Including the last time I dropped it in and waited and waited for the call to say it's fixed, after a few weeks l chased it up only to be told it was fixed they had just never called to tell me.

Still happy to use shimano, just not sure the high end stuff is worth it for me.