Port Hacking - bit of fog about

Yowie

Headed out early to Deer Park, used various baits, but the squid strips produced the fish. Fish baits were only attracting the little reddies, and there were dozens of them about. Tried for jackets, but it was a little reddie every cast.

Both fish caught on a handline, and when I was retrieving the tailor, which put up a good fight, I could feel a big hit on the line every now and then. When the tailor was swimming beside the boat, I could see that the squid strip was hanging out of it's mouth, and a kingie was grabbing the squid, but did not hook up. Have had a couple of hook-ups before by a kingie, when they have grabbed a small hooked reddie. Headed home after that.

post-13153-0-87471600-1441588038_thumb.jpg

Good work Yowie. It certainly was foggy this morning. I fished off the rocks near Darook this morning and caught 20 blackfish, keeping 8 for meals. They were all big fish.

Have seen a few blackfish scooting about in the main channel around the weedbeds.

Have seen a few blackfish scooting about in the main channel around the weedbeds.

Yeah, they have entered the Port to spawn. Most of the males were spurting milt in their excitement at being hooked, played and landed.

Geez yowie! Slim pickings compared to your normal haul but you still got a couple. Beautiful day up here until I decided to go for a flick this arvo! Damn northeaster kicking in already!

Helps to be retired ay! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Retirement is just what I like, fish during the week when there are less boats about. Still, had some dickhead run his boat inside me, while anchored close to shore, when he had a large open space on the other side!

A rather chunky tailor for this time of year in the Port, usually only the smaller ones around now.

Yeah, they have entered the Port to spawn. Most of the males were spurting milt in their excitement at being hooked, played and landed.

Have seen plenty about over the last few months, but not too many fishos targeting them.