Soft plastic leader material

mii11x

Hi guys,

I've noticed that my stock of flouro leader material for my plastics fishing has almost come to an end, so its time to buy more. I've had my spools of leader for a few years and are Berkley Vanish Flouro 8, 10, 14, 17, 20lb. I've never had any issues with the brand, but curious to know what brands you guys recommend or not recommend.

I fish estuaries/rivers both boat and landbased mainly the Georges River, target species include bream, flathead, EP's, mulloway. Only just started concentrating on bream of late, so I'll be needing to lower the line class for a little more finesse now, guessing around 2-4lb. More often than not though I'd be targeting mulloway.

Cheers

Mick

I have had problems with FC Rock. It starts on the second half of the spool.

I had it replaced, and I was ok for a while, but the problems started again in the second half of the spool.

It just wasn't up to the 6lb breaking strain, more like 2lb. It was never exposed to sunlight/ chemicals.

I have switched to Nitlon, and so far so good.

I love using the Berkley vanish in Gold & Crimson red , Brillant Stuff ! Are you using the Berkley Vanish in Gold or Clear or Red ??

Edited by 4myson