Bird man

Stapo

cc981ad7f9722ea754f812432bcab777.jpg

This kookaburra flies into my workshop at lunch time sits on my arm and wants to be fed. Bloody kookaburras

2e182a1d57d22597a95ecd9a051043fb.jpg

These pelicans jumped up onto the cleaning table took one of my fish and bit me on the hand. Bloody pelicans.

Ha. Cheers Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should've bit the Pelican back Steve ... That'll stop the bloody pelican .....LOL .....

There not scared of humans any more they stand their ground with their mouths open and walk towards you. Bastards. Ha

The pelicans that cruise about in Gunnamatta Bay where I store my boat, at my mother's place, have learnt to wait until I feed them the scraps. They just stand on the boat ramp and wait.

Had to grab one a few years ago, it had a fish hook in one foot and the line was wrapped around one wing so that it had trouble walking and swimming. Lured it to near me with a piece of fish, then dropped a large landing net over it's head. Grabbed the body under my arm and my hand around it's beak, just like playing a bagpipe (played my uncle's bagpipe when I was a kid) removed the hook and line and it flew off.

I have hand fed a couple of them, they have a sharp pointy bit on the end of the upper beak to grab their tucker.

Edited by yowie

Rumour has it that down The Entrance where they have the pelican feeding that one ate a small dog. A chihuahua I think. Must have felt like a bit of Mexican. Lol

I saw a small dog grabbed at Forster, saved by its owner who crash tackled the bird to get his dog back. It was gone for all money.

All the other birds wanted a bit as well. Aggressive shits some times.

Love Kookaburras but they are other bird species killers @ at the nest.

JD

I might as well jump in with my Pelican story -

Was fishing off a breakwall at the Anchorage resort up at Nelsons bay about 5 in the morning, I caught a bream and had a Pelican cruise up and hang around checking me out whilst I de-hooked it. I made a conscious effort to throw the bream back without the pelican getting a free feed (which it didnt) and that would be the end of the story, but for later in the morning when my wife and I went for stroll along the break wall. The very same Pelican bailed me up and went in to attack mode refusing to let either of us pass by him (or her) it was having a real go at me with its pointy beak thing, obviously shitty about its missed breakfast opportunity. My wife thought it was hilarious that I would get out of bed so early in the morning just to piss off the local wildlife.

Cheers Blood Knot

Was fishing off a breakwall at the Anchorage resort up at Nelsons bay about 5 in the morning, I caught a bream and had a Pelican cruise up and hang around checking me out whilst I de-hooked it. I made a conscious effort to throw the bream back without the pelican getting a free feed (which it didnt) and that would be the end of the story, but for later in the morning when my wife and I went for stroll along the break wall. The very same Pelican bailed me up and went in to attack mode refusing to let either of us pass by him (or her) it was having a real go at me with its pointy beak thing, obviously shitty about its missed breakfast opportunity. My wife thought it was hilarious that I would get out of bed so early in the morning just to piss off the local wildlife.

Cheers Blood Knot

Nice one blood knot

0bad43c72637850a20a64f7acfc62283.jpg

The kookaburra won't leave us alone. Have to think up a name.

Cheers Blood Knot

BK

LUV IT

JD

Bloody kookaburras. I was fishing with a mate on the Georges and he caught a bream around 30cm. As soon as he unhooked it this kookaburra came from nowhere and grabbed it. He took off and dropped it in the middle of the river as it was too heavy. About 20 minutes later it came back to shore with the tide and wash from boats but it was not in a good way. Another time we were having lunch at Woolongong beach. My son just unwrapped his burger and put it down when SWOOSH all that was left was lettuce and the bottom of the bun. The bloody Kookaburra got the meat and top of the bun. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry caus I paid for the burger . Burgers with a water view are expensive. LOL

Bloody kookaburra took my son's sausage roll as he was putting it in his mouth. Scratched the side of his face with his claws.

Caught a seagull once had a hook in its gob and 5 metres of line. Was flying around like a kite until I got it close enough to hold it and pull the hook heres the kicker I attracted it on cheezels.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk