luderick weekend

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Sat hit up the eastern suburbs ledges with royce.

The bites started slow but got consistant until we called it quits.

We got 19 in the net with the biggest going 40cms and the average size around 35 cms.

I lost 7 six drummer and we would of dropped the same amount that made the net.

post-18046-0-75352000-1442137283_thumb.jpg

post-18046-0-04366400-1442137370_thumb.jpg

On sunday went out again with paul and royce.

It was pretty much the same as saturday once the bites started they kept on biting until we left.

plenty of pulled hooks and dropped fish between us.

21 made the net with the biggest going 43cms and the average size around 38cms.

post-18046-0-05777400-1442137892_thumb.jpg

post-18046-0-88621400-1442137985_thumb.jpgpost-18046-0-88621400-1442137985_thumb.jpg

post-18046-0-73666500-1442138159_thumb.jpg

Cheers trevor.

Guest hawkesbass

Nice work Trevor. Great weekend to be out getting a few.

Some good size in there too.

Did you notice any females in roe?

Yeah we did.

From what fish were taken it was 90 percent males landed.

Nice work Hawkesbass. I've being doing a bit of blacky fishing in the hacking. Caught a few and took a few home for a feed. I found them them a bit weedy to taste. I did bleed, fillet and skin them. I thought it might be because they were caught a bit up stream. Can you pass on any tips for preparing them for the plate? Thanks.

Guest hawkesbass

Nice work Hawkesbass. I've being doing a bit of blacky fishing in the hacking. Caught a few and took a few home for a feed. I found them them a bit weedy to taste. I did bleed, fillet and skin them. I thought it might be because they were caught a bit up stream. Can you pass on any tips for preparing them for the plate? Thanks.

Mate i dont eat em the chefs on here might be able too help you out.

I bleed, skin and fillet blackies and pigs.

No one I know cooks them whole.

Harry

Trevor and I keep the fish alive till the end of the session. They have their throat cut I break the neck, gut and cut along the spine in the gut cavity throw them in a bucket of fresh salt water to bleed out! Place the fish on ice and transport home where they a filleted, ribbed and skinned leaving a boneless piece of white meat I have had guests ask me if they are eating snapper when I tell them it's the old luderick the looks can be varied! Never had any complain yet!

Guest hawkesbass

Nice work Trevor. I'm still yet to master the art of black fishing but every time I read a post from you and the boys, I feel I should give it a go!

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Your in a good area to target them scratchie.

I might be on the sidelines for a while.

Torn my deltoid muscle in my right shoulder and getting a bad case of tennis elbow in my left arm that may require surgery too repair.

Edited by hawkesbass

They also go well on the plate whole, fried with lots of garlic, olive oil, soy sauce and shallots. Make sure it has been bled quickly, put on ice, and the black lining has been scrubbed from the stomach with a bit of paper towel.

I prepare them as noted above, then squeeze some lemon juice on them. I add a little salt & chilli, then crumb them (flour, egg/milk mixture, & panko bread crumbs with some mixed herbs or spices). I've been eating last weekend's catch all week served on bread with sliced onion & mayo and a side salad - delicious!

By the way guys, great catch with some huge fish - well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your in a good area to target them scratchie.

I might be on the sidelines for a while.

Torn my deltoid muscle in my right shoulder and getting a bad case of tennis elbow in my left arm that may require surgery too repair.

Geez trev. That's a bit of bad luck! You could always wind with your feet but casting will be an issue! :)

Re the tennis elbow, mate I had it bad from guitar, it was on the left arm thumb side of the elbow.

Painfull, if it hit a doorway it could send you thru the roof.

I stopped playing and wore a compression strap,cured.

The strap had a lump or cam you place on the painful tendon then wrap it tight.

It stops the tendon extending too much, giving it a rest.

Now I have it on the pinkie side of the elbow left arm, some call it golfers elbow.

I reckon it's from holding a rod too long, but it could be from catching too many fish.

Rather than going under the knife, try the strap (chemist shop), cortisone injections, or switching left to right.

It's not uncommon amongst fishos.

Sat hit up the eastern suburbs ledges with royce.

The bites started slow but got consistant until we called it quits.

We got 19 in the net with the biggest going 40cms and the average size around 35 cms.

I lost 7 six drummer and we would of dropped the same amount that made the net.

attachicon.gif20150912_123726.jpg

attachicon.gif20150912_123654.jpg

On sunday went out again with paul and royce.

It was pretty much the same as saturday once the bites started they kept on biting until we left.

plenty of pulled hooks and dropped fish between us.

21 made the net with the biggest going 43cms and the average size around 38cms.

attachicon.gif20150913_130038.jpg

attachicon.gif20150913_125843.jpgattachicon.gif20150913_125843.jpg

attachicon.gif20150913_130020.jpg

Cheers trevor.

great report Trev, Love those Blackys