Making Your Own Marks On Braid

Nolongeramember

I have some braid line that is all one colour and I want to make a mark on it every ten meters. I know you can buy line already marked but I have this line and I want to use it up.

I'm after some ideas on what to use that will last and not damage the line. Black texta type markers don't last, I've tried that. I was thinking of trying some pen ink but not sure how that will go. Anyone got any good ideas?

Are you just talking about colour dyeing you line or marking a particular depth. When bait jigging areas like the carpark at Port Stephen I would just mark out 25 mt lengths and us a short bit of dental floss as a marker. You can also use a different colour piece of Dacron or hollow braid and bind the ends to make a moveable marker.

Guest Guest123456789

This may or may not help, but I've worked out how many turns equals ten metres. Let's say your fishing in 100 metres, and the sounder shows marks at 50 metres, and it takes 5 turns of the reel to get 10 metres, then let the sinker hit the bottom and wind the reel 50 times. You'll then be at the right depth.

This may or may not help, but I've worked out how many turns equals ten metres. Let's say your fishing in 100 metres, and the sounder shows marks at 50 metres, and it takes 5 turns of the reel to get 10 metres, then let the sinker hit the bottom and wind the reel 50 times. You'll then be at the right depth.

Luke. I don't think you've got this right. For starts you don't know what reel roylo is using so the gear ratio is probably out.

Secondly. As you lose line off the spool the diameter reduces so each handle turn retrieves less line in deeper water.

You can learn your reel character but 50 turns to get half way back is not an effective solution IMHO.

Sharpie marks or float knots with dental floss seem a better idea to me.