The little fella and the flathead

W4z

Hi guys and girls,

Haven't been able to get out for a fish much lately. Recently had a bub who is 6 weeks old now. His mums gone off to college for 4 days leaving me to look after him. The first thing he said was 'lets go fishing dad!'

So down the road, into the sling and off for a flick we went. Conditions weren't great for the little fella with the winds (this was yesterday morning) and me walking backward to keep the sun off him. I knew that it couldn't be a long session but thought we'd get a few casts in after coming all this way.

About 8 casts later a fish sucked the lure down! Woohoo Finns first fish! I'm sure he would have been excited but right at that moment he realised he was hungry. I grabbed some of the chilled breast milk out of my back pack only then to realise I had no way of warming it up. Haha the fun things you learn as a parent. Lucky the sun was shining strongly and it didn't take long.

8fb67ec7043599bab50bbf8e86f74625.jpg

3bd49a02084f5278cde929b0b2d12acf.jpg

A great first trip with the little fella. Can't wait for more moments like these.

The flathead went about 45cm on the old handspan measurer.

Cheers

Waz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great read mate .. Good on you for taking the little fella out for a fish ! Won't be long before your buying him rods & reels & his OUTFISHING you !!!

Thanks again for the warm replies guys.

Mrsswordie if only I had the gear to produce some milk then we'd be out there even more often!

4myson - look forward to him out fishing me - then sign of a good teacher (that's what I'll tell everyone anyway)