Botany bay 20/09/15

fisholb

Got to the ramp around 7am. Very surprised to see the car park only had around a dozen trailers. Not a good sign. Got to drive my mates 4.5m tinny. Straight to our snapper spot just outside the heads. Swell was around 1.5m wind around 5kph. Drifted in 24m deep using paternoster rig with squid pills mullet. First fish was caught was a rock fish "poor man's lobster". Throw it back as quickly as I can. Don't want to get %%%%% by this fish coz ill be in a lot of trouble If I did. Drifted for 1hr for only undersize snappers so we decided to move to our flatty spot 1km out in about 50m deep. First drift we caught around 10 flatty up to 60 cm. Plenty of throwbacks. Second drift pick up another 5 keepers. Still plenty of throwbacks. Wind and current picked up so we decided to go inside near molli pt. Anchored for 1hr for nothing so we move near bare island. We then decided to drift and caught 2 soles. Back at the ramp around 2pm. Home around 5pm. The squid and the pillys were the bait preferred by the flattys. Thanks for reading.

post-18634-14427793475242_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Nice mixed bag. Were you one of the boats safety checked by maritime just past the island. We caught donuts but weren't trying too hard. We watched the locals basking on the rock wall for a bit before making a run in before the change hit. 31208b88ff1c74b78c7aae2b143b7ea4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice mixed bag. Were you one of the boats safety checked by maritime just past the island. We caught donuts but weren't trying too hard. We watched the locals basking on the rock wall for a bit before making a run in before the change hit. 31208b88ff1c74b78c7aae2b143b7ea4.jpg

No we didnt get check

Were not lucky enough

We got check at the ramp recently

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Doesn't that seal know that's a restricted area and you're not allowed in there?