Port Hacking - a couple of kingies

Yowie

Headed out early to the mouth of Yowie Bay, anchored up and sent out some fish strips and pillies. The fish strips were from the fillets of salted mackerel tuna, the small ones that were swimming around the Port early this year.

Both tailor and one kingie took the fish strips, and the other kingie took a squid strip from the bottom. All fish caught on handlines, providing a bit of fun fishing. The pillies not being taken except picked at by the little reddies.

As I had enough fish, I was back home by 7am.

post-13153-0-49165200-1442793426_thumb.jpg

Well done Yowie !! Great to see the Hacking is firing again. And I can't imagine getting a King on handline... Might have to put the rods away one day & give it a go ....

Well done Yowie !! Great to see the Hacking is firing again. And I can't imagine getting a King on handline... Might have to put the rods away one day & give it a go ....

My best effort was the 60cm kingie earlier this year on a 6 pound yakka hand line and size 10 hook. Since fishing as a kid with handlines, I have had a bit of experience at it. Salmon and tailor to 60cm also provide some fun on a handline.

The real fun are eagle rays, they are rather fast in the larger sizes.