South West Rocks help

krause

Hi all, so i have a family holiday to SWR in fortnight and hence the reconnaissance begins. Lots of reading to do, and im hoping to grab the attent on of any one with some knowledge of the area (love to hear from you PM).

Im optimistically looking at the rocks near the gaol for kingies on lives, and the bridge for a jew (if they exist - im convinced that you guys have me on some kings of extended prank). Any info on either (and livies) would be greatly appreciated. Also love to hear any other ideas, i would love to take mum out and catch some flathead, she loves them but i need to find a terrain friendly spot to target them. Ill be taking my kayak as well :)

Cheers guys

Yeah mate just about wasting your time when the current is ripping out focus all your effort on the tide changes and you shld have some success. It's been a while since I've been there actually but you could put the yak in at Back creek which is near the town centre. I had success here for bream and lizards on plastics no real size but there were some old timers that were fishing for blackfish with weed near the bridge as well. It's a good little creek to explore and flick some lures around, water is usually crystal clear and I'm not to sure if they still dredge it or not.

Hey mate south west rocks is gorgeous. As mentioned above if tide is runninf mouth of channel is worthless. However if you focus around the change if the tide then about 3-400m to the right of the boatshed ish a good spot if you suss out the deeper holes and gutters. Also if tide is not right then head further up the channel to jerseyville bridge and you can put the yak in here and you get a few up there. And at jerseyville of the jews are on the chew you can chuck some plastics along the edges of the banks for the good flatty and bream.

Also as mentioned above is back creek. Runs parallel with horseshoe bay caravan park. If you go up that channel towards the jetties then put it here. There is a red indicator marker at the end of the jetty that runs along the sand bank oj the other side of the creek. If you fish the red marker to the boat ramp (approx 200m) then you will pick up some nice flatty with the run off from the mangroves.

Feel free to pm me about swr

Love the area!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk