Ulladulla and surrounds

bluewater188

Hi All,

just trying to start a thread on the local fishing around Ulladulla, it'd be great if people can add their news to this so we can all get an idea of what is happening in the district.

I will be out on the weekend, probably just bottom bouncing off Mollymook or maybe in Burrill, I'll keep you posted on how that works out.

Cheers

Coogee

when i get behind my sounder ill see what i have saved!.. i know that the last few times ive sat off burill for a nice relaxing flatty drift i have decent size mako circle the boat up close.. and you think he will take anything !! nope! either take a line or bugger off!

Good to see some interest guys :biggrinthumb:

I'll do the same Stanton, I have a few spots just off the lighthouse that are working ok, I'll post those.

I am also going to have a look down at the sandbars at the entrance to Burrill on Saturday night to see if any prawns are about. Probably a lost cause for an actual feed of prawns given the moon will be almost full but if there are some about I might bait a few up and see what's about over the weekend.

I will post any results (or lack of)

Cheers

Coogee

I was at a competition on the weekend of the 12th 13th with about 27 boats setting out from Bendalong.<br /><br />Over three days the most successful boats caught Flathead up to 80cm and sharks in about 40-60m of water directly off the Sussex inlet and nice snapper around the bommies sth of the outlet in 15 mtrs of water.<br /><br />Few leather jackets around green island<br /><br />A few boats ventured sth of Ulladulla but where less successfull<br /><br />Dogbox

I was at a competition on the weekend of the 12th 13th with about 27 boats setting out from Bendalong.<br /><br />Over three days the most successful boats caught Flathead up to 80cm and sharks in about 40-60m of water directly off the Sussex inlet and nice snapper around the bommies sth of the outlet in 15 mtrs of water.<br /><br />Few leather jackets around green island<br /><br />A few boats ventured sth of Ulladulla but where less successfull<br /><br />Dogbox

Thanks Dogbox, I might head north on the weekend if Mollymook doesn't produce and see how I go.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

tried an upload of the latest efforts at Ulladulla a week ago but it doesn't seem to have come through.

Anyway, I will provide a shortened version of both weekend’s efforts.

The sandbars at the entrance of Burrill produced no fish at all, not even bites. We had pieces of pillie out on some rods and soft plastics on jig heads working the edge of the drop offs and holes on an outgoing tide. Water temp was cold. Might try the incoming tide next time.

Picking were slim in the boat too as the water temp was anywhere between 17 and 19.6 depending where we were and a late start each day didn't help - teenagers are hard to get up for an early start!

We picked up a few flatties each day with a couple of nice ones (best was 50cm).

Trolled around Banisters to keep the kids amused, only one salmon turned up. Caught 3 pike as we trolled around the northern side though. Not much use but provided some entertainment for the kids.

Back out again this weekend.

Cheers

Coogee