First trip out on the hawkesbury this weekend - good spots for run out tide?

jgrant666

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site so please bear with me..............

My wife and I just bought a boat, 4.6m half cab w/ 70hp Johnson on the back. We're planning to take it out for i's first run this Saturday 3/10 bright & early. Looks to be high tide around 7am with low wind & swell, so I was wondering what spots people might recommend for the run out tide? Mostly interested in targeting bream & flaties at this stage as we don't have the gear yet for bigger prey like jewies. I was thinking of heading up to the vines as I'd fished there with my dad heaps of times as a kid then maybe drifting milson island after for flaties if it's quiet. Otherwise I thought maybe off the point east of the railbridge or maybe east of Juno Point?

I have charts of the whole hawkesbury region so go nuts with place names!

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also any recommendations on bait and a good bait shop either round the ryde area or round bobbin head as I plan to launch at apple tree bay (it's a big ramp there and protected which I figure is best since I haven't launched a boat for 15 years or so since I was a kid) - was thinking a mix of prawns, fresh squid and maybe pillies

thanks all!

Edited by jgrant666

Mate tides this weekend are good, I would steer clear of the vines probably stick to bar point if you want to head up river. My recommendation would be to stick to Cowan, anchor on any point plent of burley very light sinker and 12 pound flourocarbon leader.

Burley a must.

Hey bro - you got the tides wrong! High tides at 12:15pm.

The weathers going to be tip top this weekend - I'd say about 300000000 other boats will be out so my advice is follow them! If there are a few boats on one spot, something is there!