quick morning session

Krispy !

Headed out this morning with a couple mates for a quick session to get some excitement back into our lives and it didn't disappoint. Using small live pike and slimey's that were pretty much lollipops for the kings which we managed to catch on location we nailed three kings from 65-69 and a couple salmon to fill the void between the kingy bites. Back home by 1030 so it was a great way to spend the morning,

post-11865-0-36210800-1443499384_thumb.jpg

post-11865-0-52774500-1443499274_thumb.jpg

again sorry for the poor photo the sun was very bright which made it hard

Edited by Krispy !

Nice catches! Was a perfect morning for it.

Thanks Squishy, yeah it was such a nice sunrise after last nights super moon, makes getting up early worth it.

Good work Krispy,

Hard to imagine it improved that much in one day!

I guess the difference was the live bait, skill and location!

Cheers

Jim

Thanks fragmeister, yeah I guess location would play a part :P

Nice catch bud! Was this land based or boat? Either way, good job. Damn, wish I could have gone out this morning to.Oh well, work called! :P

Jay

land based mate, yeah im lucky ive got a mid semester break from uni, im meant to be studying hahaha

Headed out this morning with a couple mates for a quick session to get some excitement back into our lives and it didn't disappoint. Using small live pike and slimey's that were pretty much lollipops for the kings which we managed to catch on location we nailed three kings from 65-69 and a couple salmon to fill the void between the kingy bites. Back home by 1030 so it was a great way to spend the morning,

attachicon.gifking 1.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG707.jpg

again sorry for the poor photo the sun was very bright which made it hard

I think I have to change the way I measure my fish. It's just my opinion but if that first fish was one I caught I would measure it with the 2 tail end points at the same number. Wherever they both get to the same number in a straight line up and down.

I would probably call that a 64cm and let it go if it was me. Don't get me wrong, if it legal to push the tail down in an unnatural position like that then there is nothing wrong with what you have done but it's not how I take my measurements.

Does anyone know if an inspector put that fish on their measuring device, would they call it legal? Just want to know for myself next time I get one like that.

Good effort anyway from land based.

Don't get me wrong, if it legal to push the tail down in an unnatural position like that then there is nothing wrong with what you have done but it's not how I take my measurements.

Does anyone know if an inspector put that fish on their measuring device, would they call it legal? Just want to know for myself next time I get one like that.

Yes it is a legal way to measure.

nice work on the kingies

Which system were you fishing?

Thanks mate it was in the hacko

I think I have to change the way I measure my fish. It's just my opinion but if that first fish was one I caught I would measure it with the 2 tail end points at the same number. Wherever they both get to the same number in a straight line up and down.

I would probably call that a 64cm and let it go if it was me. Don't get me wrong, if it legal to push the tail down in an unnatural position like that then there is nothing wrong with what you have done but it's not how I take my measurements.

Good effort anyway from land based.

Yeah I get what you mean mate everyones got their own way to measure fish and if it was illegal there is no way id do it, I recently asked a fisheries officer point blank and he said its alright. Plus over the past year ive probably released close to 50 kings that were around 60-63cm with only a few legals here and there, so when I get a legal it usually comes home.

Good effort bro - the Hacking is certainly giving you consistent results!

thanks Teflon yeah its been pretty good fishing, im expecting it to die down though when the river gets busier during summer

Krispy does it again!

Kingfish tremble in fear when they hear your outboard haha

Harry

hahahahaha i wish i had an outboard to give them a proper warning, for now im gonna have to stick to sneaking up on them by foot :D

Hahahaha

Awesome haul though!

Thanks amkr!

I wish i had that luxury . Well done on the catch. What a great way to start the mid week morning

Thanks mate, yeah its always good to get out during the week :)

Great job once again Krispy, that freezer of yours must be chockablock full of kingies by now!

thanks adamski, my freezer never gets any fish, anything I take home gets eaten within a day or two :P