Port Hacking - just a feed

Yowie

Headed out early to fish the deep water off Lilli Pilli. Pulled out the tailor, and returned a few smaller ones early on, then they disappeared and did not return. Picked up the other fish later on, all on salted fish strips.

Kept up the burley of cooked prawn heads and shells that I thawed out from the freezer, but it only attracted undersized reddies. Most of the reddies were spitting out prawn pieces as they were landed. No surface action to be seen.

Quite a few boats buzzing about, but nothing like the weekend. Would think that most of the bigger fish were hiding after 3 days of lunatics driving boats and jet skis about at all speeds.

post-13153-0-24562800-1444100958_thumb.jpg

interesting to see a gurnard still around yowie, still not a bad feed. The hacking over the weekend was really busy, I didn't even go out for a session till this morning

I actually released another one, usually only see them when not much else about, and during winter.

I do not venture onto the water over any long weekend, and most weekends at that.

Chris,

The gurnard are not too bad to eat, just have to remove the fine bones from the fillets.

Even though yesterday was a weekday, there were more boats buzzing about then I have seen during the week since last summer/early autumn.

surprised you got a feed, this weekend would have been smashed from anglers everywhere lol

Just a matter of knowing a few spots, and a bit of luck.

Edited by yowie