Sydney Sunday

finin

Gfay all, what a cracker day to be out. Harbour virtually glass and a few boats trundling out to greet the day.

Small easterly swell .5M at most very light Noreaster and whales breaching.... yes its going to be a good day.

Started in around 70M and never left all day. Current straight down the hill at 1/2 a knot and the fish were on fire. Didnt matter what went down on the hook it was taken. Even after the tide began to drop they still bit. Some great snapper about my biggest went 53 and plenty of mowies to boot and some nice piggies as well.

Moved in to Rosa to grab a flatty and they are in force as well as red spot whiting. The blue spots are thick and

big my m8 nailed 3 al over 65 with one having half a red spot in it.

Also landed a flatty I have never seen before.

Much like a blue spot looks in shape but the colouration from head to tail I can only describe as a turtle shell pattern from head to tail. Quite dark in colour much like a dusky.

Anyway thats it, fish are there, get amongst it.

post-13466-0-11203500-1444547325_thumb.jpg

post-13466-0-34030600-1444547405_thumb.jpg

Gfay all, what a cracker day to be out. Harbour virtually glass and a few boats trundling out to greet the day.

Small easterly swell .5M at most very light Noreaster and whales breaching.... yes its going to be a good day.

Started in around 70M and never left all day. Current straight down the hill at 1/2 a knot and the fish were on fire. Didnt matter what went down on the hook it was taken. Even after the tide began to drop they still bit. Some great snapper about my biggest went 53 and plenty of mowies to boot and some nice piggies as well.

Moved in to Rosa to grab a flatty and they are in force as well as red spot whiting. The blue spots are thick and

big my m8 nailed 3 al over 65 with one having half a red spot in it.

Also landed a flatty I have never seen before.

Much like a blue spot looks in shape but the colouration from head to tail I can only describe as a turtle shell pattern from head to tail. Quite dark in colour much like a dusky.

Anyway thats it, fish are there, get amongst it.

Sounds like a good day out.

Have not seen those markings on a flattie before.

Good day out mate.....the odd Flathead is a "Marble Flathead" Really good on the chew,one of the best!!!

I'm going with the original post of "blue Spot"

No snapper for dinner all the fish went to the neighbours, funny i dont eat fish for dinner after fishing all day never have.

hotbite sorry m8 it does not even resemble a marble, caught plenty of em so I know the difference and imho the best eating of all. It may be a southern blue spot. Its the honeycomb pattern( thanks yowie) that is throwing me.

I'm going with the original post of "blue Spot"

The flattie has the blue spots of a 'blue spot flathead' and the stripes of a 'marbled flathead'. It may well be the cross breeding of both species of flathead.

On a number of occasions, I have caught yellowtail that have a green back, not the usual brown back, but the scutes along the side have only extended a short way from the tail towards the head, unlike the normal yellowtail that have a brown back and scutes along most of the body from the tail to near the head.

Same as the inter-breeding of the human species amongst different nationalities, certain characteristics stick out from a particular race or nationality. (I did study biology at some time)

yowie, agree totally on the cross breed. The bands were extremely faint, the blue spots were actually white. It is the hexagonal, honeycomb markings that intrigue. No I did not look at rear fins for markings.