Crescent Head Delivers

RexSenior

Hi Raiders

Just a quick report as promised from my family trip to Crescent last week - Best holiday ever kids had a blast!

The weather turned it on and I managed 64 edible fish from 4 night trips.

All fish were caught on Killick beach - most within an hour either side of high tide in the very shallow gutters that were available.

Caught on pippis and worms, which were gathered about 1km up the coast from Killick Creek.

Sizes ranged from just legal to 40cms for both bream and whiting - not a tailor or sambo in sight!!

Happy to PM more info if needed, a couple of pics from 2 of the trips below.

Cheers, James.

post-34486-0-85502800-1444725825_thumb.jpg

post-34486-0-70409600-1444725839_thumb.jpg

Edited by RexSenior

Well done , nothing better than getting some fishing done while on holidays . Great feed you got there you could open up a "Fish N Chip" shop....

Awesome mate. How do you rate the fight of the Tarwhine vs Bream? Big Tarwhine hit and fight harder imo, they really seem to punch above their weight.

Hi Dave

I've only had a couple of years catching Tarwhine at a legal length however they are a more active fight than Bream in what I've experienced.

They seem to go hard from the get go and not stop at any point where as the bigger bream can be led to shore most of the time with some soft hands if there's no structure (then they go ballistic @ the shore haha). The bream seem to steer left or right and keep their line where as Tarwhine seem to test every angle.

Around Easter this year I posted a report from my local area (Blacksmiths Beach) where we got a nice bag with some Tarwine around 45cm from memory. There seems to be an increasingly large amount at >30cm not sure why that is?????

Anyway despite the gut lining they make a great feed and it's a welcome suprise to see some species boomimg instead of declining.

Cheers, James.

Well done , nothing better than getting some fishing done while on holidays . Great feed you got there you could open up a "Fish N Chip" shop....

Hi 4myson

Definitely great to get out with the family to an awesome spot Like Crescent Head!

My fish cleaning skills leave a lot to be desired so no fish n chip shops for me. I waste so much flesh trying to get the perfect boneless fillets it's embarrassing. That being said I still get the odd fresh seafood dinner to the family and friends and that's what it's all about :D

Great feed of fish there mate. I am heading up to Diamond Beach later next week

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

This week I meant to say so with a bit of luck I will see some actin like that. Are the pippies plentiful off the beach up north. Have not fished up that way much.

This week I meant to say so with a bit of luck I will see some actin like that. Are the pippies plentiful off the beach up north. Have not fished up that way much.

There were plenty of pippis but only in selected pockets of the beach for some reason. Same as the worms though if you walk in the shallows and drag a bag of burley behind you will find them. Plenty of size in the ones at Crescent which was a nice change from Newcastle!

You gotta be happy with that James! I'm sure it brought a smile to the families face as well. What a great 4 days of fishing! Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Cheers Scratchie!

We have about 15 families that go at the same time every year (this year was my first of many hopefully), so plenty of BBQ's to fill.