Fishing - Sydney Harbour - Any advice?

Andyb139

Hi everyone,

I recently moved to Sydney and I am now looking for some people that are interested in any type of fishing really.

I live in Chiswick and if someone could show me some good spots it would be appreciated.

I don't have access to a boat but I have fished off boats a few times since coming over so not a complete rookie :)

I have also brought most of my gear over from the UK so I'm geared up to cater for more or less anything from flatties through to good size jewies.

Look forward to catching up with some of you.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi mate,

Up in the North of England.

If you are free any time in the next few weeks for an evening session i'll happily go for a walk around Iron cove or try blackwall point with you.

Been having some decent success with flatties, tailor and bream recently around those areas on the right tide so worth a shout.

Cheers,

Andy

Yes definitely, I had quite a bit of success at Birchgrove but have been strongly advised not to eat the fish that side of the harbour bridge.

I'm also from the north a place called Poynton near Macclesfield. Anyways I'm keen evenings and weekends and have travel if you want to go elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey gents, welcome to the forum. I'm from the UK too (Scotland- feel free not to mention the rugby yesterday), and I fish around the Inner West a lot, particularly Iron Cove, Rozelle and Blackwattle Bay. Let me know if you guys ever fancy a flick.

Yes boys! I'm from Sheffield so not too far from you!

I'm thinking I may go out Thursday evening and Saturday morning with some SP's.

Let me know how you are both fixed and we can sort something if the tides/weather play ball.

Let's not talk about Rugby it's not going well for either nation currently!

Wanna try and target some kingy's and Jewies around Gladesville soon though!

Either of you got access to a boat?

Cheers,

Andy

Yes boys! I'm from Sheffield so not too far from you!

I'm thinking I may go out Thursday evening and Saturday morning with some SP's.

Let me know how you are both fixed and we can sort something if the tides/weather play ball.

Let's not talk about Rugby it's not going well for either nation currently!

Wanna try and target some kingy's and Jewies around Gladesville soon though!

Either of you got access to a boat?

Cheers,

Andy

I don't have a boat I'm afraid. Could possibly do Thursday evening for a couple of hours depending on where you guys are headed.

High tide tomorrow at iron cove will be about 4:30 which would be perfect for us if we're going after work.

Let's hope the storms and high pressure disappear!

I'd be game for iron cove for a few hours if not blackwall as not fished that yet. :banana: