Squid tips

Farvos

For yakkas, spit bridge works really well as does near manly gasworks. For spit, just go south side of the bridge, near all the pontoons with the expensive yachts, bit of burley works a treat. Otherwise, the moorings near gasworks hold a few. Goodluck!

I almost exclusively use bait jigs. The ones with the little yellow glow bits work best when its still dark. They work without bait, but better with little chunks of pilly as mentioned above. The only thing is they are 'use once'. As once you're done with them I find I can never roll them in such a way that doesnt end in a tangled mess. But at $4 bucks a pop I'm OK with that.

As for where in botany bay, all the fisho's seem to head to the wall at the end of the port but I've never had much luck there. Around the corner towards browns rock is OK, but only after a good berley up.

in the bay for squid try drifting around the eastern side of the oil wharf, also good for yakkas. I agree with Smasher, those jigs can never go in the packet again once you remove them. If your trying for yakkas from a wharf, crumble up some bread and throw in small amounts at a time, i use no sinker just a size 14 hook and a small piece of bait - prawns, pilly, yakka, bread, mince meat all work for bait. If your in a boat, depending on current you may needd to use a small shot sinker to keep the bait from drifting up to the surface

For the yakkas the bait rigs work a treat but tangles are a mess. There is a special rod you can buy called a sabiki rod just for that purpose. It's essentially a hollow tube that you just retrieve the entire rig into the rod to avoid tangles and reuse. There are vids on youtube on this and also DIY option with a pvc pipe.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk