Another Big Jew

OWZAT

G`day Fellas,

The boy caught this Jew about an hour ago at Wallabi Point .

I dont have the Measurements or weight as Yet , but I think its close to 50 Lb give or take a coupple.

When I get the details I will post them for you , untill then , Anyone wanna guess the weight .

Mick

For some reason , I cant post the Pic , but I emailed it to ken to post for me.

Edited by OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

The Fish measured 134.3 cms , and bottomed out on 3 sets of scales , so I think it was a smigin over 50 LB.

The usual suspects were not available to supply a set of "True " scales , because most are off down to the Big Choke for the week.

The gadget impaling the Jew is My Gaff , ( Bamboo Handle with the gaff bound on with comercial grade twine " ) very light , very deadly .

It has a hole drilled just down from the end of the handle , where I can slide it over a hook which hangs from the pillar support in the front of my unit.

On monday I will invest in a chain with bolt and shackle to hold the bigger fish to come , I don`t want to break my Gaff , coz I might just need it one night , when my Knee finally comes good.

Geez Lawrie must be due again...........

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Beaut fish Mick. Looks closer to 40lb give or take. Something tells me it's going to be a bumper jew season :yahoo:

Red

70101[/snapback]

Red, you make me laugh mate :074::074::074:

I had posted this exactly before erasing in my previous post.

"Very nice fish, looks all of 18kg, but hard to tell in pics" :1yikes:

maybe we are both way off......either way, damn nice fish :thumbup:

changa

ps. I know its been a long time Red, but i may just have to have a jew bash this season :1yikes:

G`day Fellas ,

The Fish was taken on Worms , and had a full stomach of just about everything .

Obviously he did not do a beachfront Autopsy as most of us would , probably too tired and too dark I suppose .

I`m also told that another Local legun took two Nice Fish to 20 Lb During the week as well.

Mick

G'day Mick

I actually snuck in to town over the weekend for a quick visit to the in-laws and mum & dad.

Didn't have time to do much but I did get some pics. Only two that are relevant to this thread. :biggrin2:

A nice hole or two on the southside.

post-9-1128308817_thumb.jpg

Northside

post-9-1128308937_thumb.jpg

G`day Fellas ,

Hey Paulie , Oddly enough , I was there sunday arvo .

A mate bought a 4X4 and insisted in giving it a runalong the beach , so we went up the beach to the Entrance , and back along the lagoon side .

We went all the way up to Wallabi , and drove out on the Hill Climb exit , and I`m amazed to say , he never got bogged or had any dramas.

Pretty amazing when you consider he was still running on normal Pressure 40 PSI I think it was.

But he backed back out at Salty , he was not prepared to let the air out of his tyres , and I told him he would have to shovel the sand , one out.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT