Sydney kings and jews

Sydneyfisher12

gday raiders

fished this weekend saturday for kings and sunday for jews

headed out early sunday morning with a mate collected some live squid and headed offshore

we got to our spot and i put down a live squid it got hit and it was a very good fish but it busted me off i put down another and hooked up again but got smoked again using 60lb leader

eventually we got into the fish landing about 10 from 65-75 all on live squid and strips i got smoked a couple of times on micro jigs but that was very light gear

i tagged and released most but kept a few for a feed it was a great day with calm weather and plenty of kings

post-33466-0-94953600-1445848519_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-63549900-1445848551_thumb.jpg

on sunday i headed out chasing jews in the parra river with gianni in his hobie

we hit the water at 6am and got plenty of by catch including a good whiting going 45cm and about 20 flathead up to 60cm

we eventually found a school of jew and gianni hooked up but the fish was dropped at the net. I acted quick dropping my lure straight back down and hooked up instantly and boated a nice jew which was tagged and released

post-33466-0-01811200-1445848717_thumb.jpgpost-33466-0-46511700-1445848731_thumb.jpg

we fished the rest of the arvo but it was hard going with a strong wind we only managed a few more flatties

it was a great weekend with some great fish caught

cheers sydneyfisher12

Guys - Fantastic work as usual and good on you fellas for being part of the tagging program! I'm gonna need to grab a couple of marks off you!!!

Just as an FYI - I spoke with the tagging department of the fisheries late last week and they are asking anglers to focus on 75cm+ kings as they have enough data on 65cms. You might want to confirm this with them but just thought you'd like to know to save your tags for the bigger ones!

Guys - Fantastic work as usual and good on you fellas for being part of the tagging program! I'm gonna need to grab a couple of marks off you!!!

Just as an FYI - I spoke with the tagging department of the fisheries late last week and they are asking anglers to focus on 75cm+ kings as they have enough data on 65cms. You might want to confirm this with them but just thought you'd like to know to save your tags for the bigger ones!

yeh all the kings i tag have been over 70cm they don't want any under that and also all jews have to be over 60cm