Tide time difference at Forster

Captain Spanner

Hi everyone, I'm most likely heading up to Forster towards the end of January for a long weekend and after some clarification on the tides. I will probably fish at least one day outside in a mates haines (conditions permitting) but will be intending having a crack at some Jewies off the wall hope fully a couple of tide changes. I have fished the breakwall at Port Mac quite a few times but only fished Forster (tuncurry side) once. I tried to fish the turn of the high but it seemed to start running out about two hours after high tide on the chart (fort Denison) and a local fella showed up to specifically fish the run out to coincide pretty perfectly for this delayed time. I understand that the direction of the visible surface water is not always an indication of whether the tide is going in/out up/down as it can fill up underneath and appear to be flowing out on the surface but this did not seem to be the case at Tuncurry. Can someone please give me an idea if there is actually almost a two hour delay on the turn of the high tide there, also if the same delay or a different delay applies to to the turn of the low. I would like to be able to plan my trips from a timeline point of view as the tides on the chart are set to be 21:14, 21:56, 22:35 and are around the 1.4m with the daytime tides being 1.8m. It is either side of the full moon. I haven't checked the moonrise/set times.

I would be really appreciative if anyone is able to give me an idea of when the actual turn will be on these days because as you can appreciate going away with people with a young family there is a massive difference between a session running 9pm to midnight vs midnight or later through til 3am.

I will be trying to fish livies or squid strips most likely with some lure work as well depending on bait availability.

Thanks in advance.

Hi mate,

I have fished the Forster break wall many times. I find that there is a two and a half hour difference sometimes I feel like it's different but most of the time I get the change and get a good 60-90 minutes in before I have to start walking the wall with my bait. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figuring out tide charts and when they actually occur in the system you plan on fishing comes down to knowledge of that system. If you said the high tide occurred 2 hours later previously, I would try plan my trip around that. Low tide may be a different story also - dont assume it will be 2 hours late