IC Whiting (Round 2)

Ocean Addiction

After yesterdays success on the whiting I thought I would back it up again but this time in the boat. First stop was Rose Bay where I tried from the ramp back to the marina for nil. After that I popped over to Mosman to try another couple of sandy beaches again for nil.

So I headed back to home turf (Iron Cove) where they were more than willing to play ball. I picked up another 10 whiting this time on a R2S Rover. Still no great size to them but great fun anyway. I'm thinking in about another months time and we should see some bigger ones up on the flats.

post-34510-0-63749300-1447133840_thumb.jpg

David

After yesterdays success on the whiting I thought I would back it up again but this time in the boat. First stop was Rose Bay where I tried from the ramp back to the marina for nil. After that I popped over to Mosman to try another couple of sandy beaches again for nil.

So I headed back to home turf (Iron Cove) where they were more than willing to play ball. I picked up another 10 whiting this time on a R2S Rover. Still no great size to them but great fun anyway. I'm thinking in about another months time and we should see some bigger ones up on the flats.

attachicon.gif20151110_IC_Whiting.jpg

David

Nice report mate - Good to see they are firing up on the surface lures at IC -I have a similarly colored rover (clear with some red at the gills) which is dynamite on whiting.

Cheers Blood Knot

Nice one mate. Do you think tides and conditions play a big part in this type of fishing? Only caught a couple of small ones myself but put a few hours into it last year

I've found that the tides do play a role. They go pretty well on the incoming tide but go very quiet over the top of the tide. They will bite on the outgoing tide but are definately not as enthusiastic. I would go chase something else over the last half of the run-out through to low tide.